How important is the twin panel roof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Du

Reaction score
My wife insisted on having it since she had it in her edge. It is really nice I must admit

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can help in and roll over also. We had two adults and two kids exit the truck that was on its side through the sun roof.

True, though in my case the truck rolled twice and my passenger was flung up (or down depending on how you look at it) against my roof. Could've been much worse than his serious concussion if there had been a broken window for his head to pop out of during the second roll.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added it to my order because it's a really cool roof. I had one on my toureag, but that was a lease. I'm keeping this bad boy forever, so I might have it removed from my order.
I'm worried if I take this truck off-roading like it's intended to do, the moonroof will be rattle out of alinement, leak, and rattle like people have mentioned here.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, though in my case the truck rolled twice and my passenger was flung up (or down depending on how you look at it) against my roof. Could've been much worse than his serious concussion if there had been a broken window for his head to pop out of during the second roll.

Seatbelts come standard.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's see-

Upsides:
-Lots of light if you want it. The big roofs kind of make me feel kinda fishbowl-ish during the day though. I like them at night though.
-Much less painted metal to clean/dry/wax/maintain 6 and a half feet off the ground. Glass is way easier to maintain than paint, especially a horizontal surface.
-Helps warm up the interior in winter when parked on sunny days.

Downsides:
-Leaks
-Rattles
-Failure of the mechanism.
-Maintaining / lubing the tracks
-Even with the shade closed, lots of extra heat in the cabin in the summer. Especially when parked in the sun for a while.

If money was no object- I'd get it or not based upon where it sits most of the time. If it's going to be outside at work and at home, no roof. If at work only, maybe. If it's a garage queen that rarely sits outside for long periods, get the glass roof.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one for the wife and kids, but have had second thoughts ever since.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one for the wife and kids, but have had second thoughts ever since.

My Gen2 has one and it's cool but I rarely use it if at all. My wife and kids love it which was my primary reason along with resale value (which I know is negligible for many).

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had Sun/Moonroof's on my last 5 vehicles. I use it MAYBE once or twice a year. Otherwise, shade stay's pulled because I don't like the sun beating down on my head and shoulders. I ordered my truck this time around WITHOUT it .... Actually quite excited about not having one.

I see the desire of having one, I think it really depends on where you live and the climate you deal with most of the time. Here in the South ~ Not a fan :)