How hard to balance beadlock mounted tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG COREY

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. Typically require more weight to balance. One of the difficulties is that the bead lock ring floats on the bolts. There are no dowel pins to keep it centered. Let me know if I need to elaborate.

gallopingford

Reaction score
It's pretty easy, my brother just did a customer's the other day.

IMG_0773_zpsa3050453.jpeg

OP
OP
AZEngineer

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Typically require more weight to balance. One of the difficulties is that the bead lock ring floats on the bolts. There are no dowel pins to keep it centered. Let me know if I need to elaborate.

Hmm, that makes sense and would be easy to fix with some dowel pins. I'm thinking I could mount and road force balance and then just drill some holes for pins that are tight to the pin. then remove the ring and ream the hole a little larger on the wheel. The pins would show but I don't really care.

More elegantly, sleeve the holes on the locking ring and use shoulder bolts for a conistent and precise location.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my own M/T's & added 10 ounces of the dyna beads. It rides perfectly smooth & no issues. I see no problem with them in beadlocked wheels

Filthy Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It typically takes several re-tightenings and dozens of miles for tires to finally seat themselves into a set of beadlocks so we usually do an initial balancing to get things close and then a final balancing once they've settled and that usually does the trick. We have run balancing beads in tires before but you still want to have them balanced with led first and allow the beads to take care of the rest. With just balancing beads alone it takes them a while to find their place at speed so if you do a hard acceleration the wheels will shake until the speed levels off.

Hope that helps!