how far can you start your raptor with the remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering how far away you can be from the truck and start it with the remote. I can only get my 2013 raptor to start when I am within 50 yards of the truck. Does this seem about right. I was hoping I could start it farther away. I usually park where I have a 300 yard walk from the guardhouse at work and would love to fire it up from the guardhouse. Thx Ed

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I start mine about just about 50 yards away. Never tried any farther but I will now. Straight line visible shot works best

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on the type of transceiver antenna and were it's placed along the top of the windshield.
Note: Having a fresh Duracell battery in the remote is key and I change my battery about every 6 to 8 months.
I use my remote start twice a day everyday.

I can start mine from inside a building with the truck over 1000' away easily.
My HD extended range antenna (upgraded) is placed on the drivers side away from the mirror and gps.

My antenna looks something like this:
s-l500.jpg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2012 is easily way more than 50 yards. I can start it from inside my office with the truck in the parking lot probably 200 yards away. Not sure I've really found a straight shot distance where it didn't work. It does go way down when your battery is on its way out though - that I've had happen.