How does tune affect traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get better traction running the SVC tune. Gives my tires just a little more bite, unless I run 87 octane.

Edit: Yes, I am being a smart ass

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
With the SVC TUNE (cannot comment on 5star) Traction control (all 3 modes), off road mode, and tow/haul mode are not altered, besides the obvious increase in power and throttle response due to engine tuning.

decoste77

Reaction score
even with traction control off I can't do extended burn outs and I'm super charged and programed

decoste77

Reaction score
I know how it is supposed to work, but after thinking about it I need to pay attention to the RPM's I may be hitting the rev limiter, but they just didn't seem that high and it acted the same as if traction control was on, not that I want to smoke the tires off, but you would think 500+ HP you would be able to do a lot more.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even with traction control off I can't do extended burn outs and I'm super charged and programed
and you never will be able to. the oem traction control is always there, even when turned all the way off. only the 2010 model year was able to. you can do things to disable tc but at the cost of orm and other things. maybe a tune can program certain parameters to increase the time before it kicks in, but im not sure.