How do you protect your paint when off-roading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But guys, not knocking anyone for spending money to protect the paint, but when it comes to trade in time....it just doesn’t seem worth it to spend so much trying to protect it. I guess if your keeping the truck then yes. Otherwise not worth it.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

But guys, not knocking anyone for spending money to protect the paint, but when it comes to trade in time....it just doesn’t seem worth it to spend so much trying to protect it. I guess if your keeping the truck then yes. Otherwise not worth it.

—John

I think for you it worked out. But not every buyer or dealership is going to be the same way. Most dealership will try to find anything wrong to justify a lower price depending on what part of the country and popularity of the raptor. My front of has large pieces of clear coat completely missing, it has literally peeled off.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I noticed that when my ram was parked at the dealership Before I bought it, it had some Protective coating on the paint to prevent scratches in transit.. and they said it comes off in a car wash no problem. Would it be possible to spray this into the Raptor before you go off-roading to protect the paint? Then have it just wash off when you take it to a wash or wash it yourself? And does anyone know what exactly they spray on paint to protect it like that ?

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I noticed that when my ram was parked at the dealership Before I bought it, it had some Protective coating on the paint to prevent scratches in transit.. and they said it comes off in a car wash no problem. Would it be possible to spray this into the Raptor before you go off-roading to protect the paint? Then have it just wash off when you take it to a wash or wash it yourself? And does anyone know what exactly they spray on paint to protect it like that ?

Sounds like miracle schtuff, but here it is!!!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3M-90000...9910?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1