Hood bumpers... WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I popped the hood to grab a couple quick pics to help answer a question about wiring, and I noticed something odd...

Good!
1.jpg

Ungood!
2.jpg

Perfect!
3.jpg

Not perfect!
4.jpg

WTF? I know I've driven my Raptor hard, but losing hood bumpers that are supposedly squished with the hood down? Hrm...

I'll get with the dealership and see about ordering new parts. I'm sure they're gonna want ungodly money for em :shocked:

Anyone else missing 'em?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
That's definitely odd for sure. I wonder how those managed to slip out.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J,

Just checked mine and they are in place, could you have knocked them out while holding the hood or leaning over the fender during the lighting bracket installation?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Fender was pulled off and repaired by dealer because of transport damage most likely and the low bucks paint shop helper forgot them. Be glad your paint is white and not hard to match. If that was a Tux Black I would say you would see it right off.

Just a gues but I bet it a possibility. Look for any under side evidence of a removal like scuffed up hardware and maybe even paint or tape lines. Does the finish texture match the rest of the truck? Smoother or more orange peel? May have got the front edge of the hood as well. Again, look for evidence it was reworked. If all is good quality reair don't worry, just get the rubber back in. Ya have a warranty and it will cover the paint if it goes bad.

BDRAG

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a 2011 Rap show up with some hood bumpers missing. The paint/exterior was pretty rough (all over) when it showed up, it also spent several "questionable" months in "transit".... Would not surprise me if BDRAG's right.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
J,

Just checked mine and they are in place, could you have knocked them out while holding the hood or leaning over the fender during the lighting bracket installation?
I think that's got to be it 'dawg. I searched around the shop and did find the upper bumper, but the lower is MIA. I just can't see how they would have fallen out on their own, so I must have knocked them without realizing it... or they did fall out and were captured until I opened the hood here. Not sure which.

Fender was pulled off and repaired by dealer because of transport damage most likely and the low bucks paint shop helper forgot them. Be glad your paint is white and not hard to match. If that was a Tux Black I would say you would see it right off.
We had a 2011 Rap show up with some hood bumpers missing. The paint/exterior was pretty rough (all over) when it showed up, it also spent several "questionable" months in "transit".... Would not surprise me if BDRAG's right.
I suppose that's a possibility but I consider it very unlikely. I special ordered the truck back in '09, and waited 6 months for it. I tracked it daily as it was built, as it left the plant and was on the train. It showed up to the dealer in the morning and I was driving it home that night.

I think the lower bumper was either forgotten at the factory, or I bumped it and didn't realize it. Given that I found the upper on the shop floor, and after having now put back the upper and replaced the lower and have seen how easily they slip in and out of their mount, I think the latter is most likely.

Speaking of which, here's the part number for the lower:
9L3Z-16758-E @ $4.96ea, same PN for either side
I don't have a part number for the upper since I found and reused mine.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the fagtory forgot them, there seems to be no dirt ring around where they would have been if they were there once.