Hill Descent Control Fault" - Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a problem with the 3rd brake light and moisture causing problems. I was at the dealer this morning with the hill descent control fault. The service tech and advisor came out and showed me the service bulletin on this problem. It seems to be a common problem only on the Raptors.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Here you go BO. Someone else with the same problem..
Thanks danmpe for the info.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
can someone post the details of this TSB? FSM, TeamFordRaptor...anyone?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me in on that Dan. I have had the same prob. Just picked my truck up from the dealership, they were supposed to fix it but Someone ordered the wrong brake light so I'm gonna have to go back when the right one comes in.

I highly suggest everyone check out their 3rd brake light for moisture during/after a car wash so that you can get it fixed under warranty if you also have this issue. Had someone else on the forums not mentioned this to me, I probably would not have noticed on my own until it was too late for warranty and the replacement would have come at my cost.

OP
OP
danmpe

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SSM # on this is 21317 to replace high mount stop light assembly. This is what is listed on my invoice when the work was done.

Last edited:

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't hurt to maybe throw some silicone around the 3rd brake light just to say yourself any future headache

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The SSM # on this is 21317 to replace high mount stop light assembly. This is what is listed on my invoice when the work was done.

i started a separate thread with this SSM information. thank you for posting it.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this last night after a massive hail and thunderstorm. Two leds on the 3rd brake light went out and triggered the Hill Descent Control Fault. Leds are working fine now and so is the truck.