Highway speed vibration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill_C

Reaction score
I now have the constant vibration above 55mph on my 14. I have had this issue now for the last couple months. I thought it was the tires, original BFG's and wheels. I just put new Method's and Nitto Ridge Grapplers on and same vibration. I can feel it in the steering wheel, the seat, and the throttle pedal. I am also getting the feeling of very neutral steering almost like the caster is off. It feels like when driving on straight sections of highway it wants to wander all over the lane. i searched through the forums and could only come up with one person changing out the tie rod ends to solve the issue. I'm still on original perch and no other mods other than the wheels and tires. Under 55mph everything is fine. Any suggestions?

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. But for me it started after i put on rebuilt shocks and went to mid perch. I hope someone can chime in and help.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the risk of stating something that you probably already know... I would suggest that you get your tires Road Force Balanced and get an alignment too.

I would be surprised if it were the tie rod ends causing the issue unless they were severely worn out and you could actually see the play in the linkage during inspection while having a friend torque on the steering wheel.

If the problem persists then looking into if the shocks needed to be rebuilt would be the next place I would look.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have your tires balanced and rotated, see if it goes away. Tires are common cause of speed induced vibration, if that doesn't fix it report back there are other things to check.