High Output Lights on the Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Swarfworks mount is definitely stout! Install was quite simple and can be done by one person to mount everything up and wire all of the lights in a couple of hours at an easy pace.

The 4 LP-9's may be overkill, but the amount of light output is worth it for me. I also have a 40" Baja Designs OnX6 Racer lightbar up on the roof for long-range stuff, and XL-80's on the hood. The lighting so far seems to complement each other with sufficient light throw and spread for my uses. I haven't taken the truck off-road since the install due to life happening, but I like it so far.

The only other point I would make is that the front camera relocation is straightforward and uses all of the existing camera components and wiring. You simply adjust the camera wires to gain slack in the harness by removing a couple of zip-tie clamps, and the stock camera mounts into the forward-mounted housing. There was a comment further up where someone was worried about messing up the truck's electronics, and it's a non-issue.

If anyone has any specific questions about the install or how this works, let me know.

View attachment 159395

How is the light output from this setup? Notice any temperature issues with blocking so much of the radiator? I’ve been playing with a winch idea but haven’t pulled the plug on it because my handling is already affected by my rooftop tent and rack. Do you notice any changes in handling with the winch?

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't run the truck in hot enough weather to see any difference with the lights blocking airflow. If you have upgraded front springs, I think you'll never notice any difference handling-wise with the winch and lights up front. I think upgrading the front and rear springs is pretty much mandatory for these trucks if you are actually going to use them. I tried to avoid modding my Gen-2 after doing so much to my Gen-1 and wanting to retain more of the stock feel, but you quickly realize the difference the upgrades make, especially suspension-wise.