Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

High Clearance Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by PorterW1111, Mar 3, 2021.

1. PorterW1111

PorterW1111 Full Access Member

Wanted to gauge the groups interests. For those that are running a dovetail rear bumper what exhaust are you running? I know KHC sells a stainless kit for $500.

I’m in the process of designing a bolt on stainless kit but would have to do a minimum order from the mandrel bend company.

How many others out there would be interested in a bolt on kit since the mandrel setup fee is only a one time fee? I guess it could be considered a group buy but if no one else wants one then I’d just weld up something for just this one time...

2. D3 SS 3D

D3 SS 3D Full Access Member

Is this purely aesthetics? I'm seriously trying to understand how a kit will benefit vs. just leaving it cut as is.

exhaust.jpg ?

3. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

in cab drone for one. im past the days of long driving with an exhaust dump under the cab. too noisy for this old man anymore. while i enjoy a good sounding vehicle, it can be too loud for me with all the driving i do

SS308 and ReconReggie19 like this.
  4. PorterW1111

Heat is the biggest concern, then noise/drone that close to the cab, then looks.

SS308 and D3 SS 3D like this.
  5. N2fire

N2fire Full Access Member

I'd be interested in it. Thanks !

6. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

All of that condensation isn't good to be under the vehicle either, get it out from under the vehicle.

SS308 and Bozz like this.
  7. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

https://wraithoffroad.com/products/ford-raptor-shorty-high-clearance-dual-muffler-exhaust-system

With stock downpipes and factory resonator, no drone and doesn't sound obnoxious. Disclaimer: you'll get a little bit of drone if you use a borla resonator.

I've had it on my truck for a few years. Shines right back up if I knock the dirt off of it. highly recommend.

I don't have a bed anymore, so condensation never worried me ( plus it is 100% humidity in New Orleans for 85% of the year. )

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  8. Dustan

Dustan FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

CDE82723-34EA-48F6-808B-419687CCC689.jpeg The KHC kit is well thought out and I think is worth it. It’s not just the pipes. The bracket for the exhaust hangers worked great and everything fit perfectly. No drone or added noise that I noticed.

M_NorthRaptor, SS308 and CoronaRaptor like this.
  9. PorterW1111

Yes I agree their kit is very nice and kind of what I modeled my design from the only difference is my design runs both pipes side by side on the pass side. Similar to the khc pass side, just imagine both pipes there.

10. ogdobber

ogdobber FRF Addict

I am interested, I just cut mine off and would prefer a more finished look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro