High beam wire color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need HELP from all you electronic gurus!!!!!

I'm trying to isolate the high beam wire so I can use it as a switch line for my 30" light bar. I want the thing to only work when the high beams and switch #4 are on.
I'll be running through a relay.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have any info on the highbeams, but this might help. the highbeam should be in here as well. otherwise take a power tester and go to one of your highbeams at the light

https://www.directechs.com/DirectWire/PrintPhotoNotesBox.aspx?VehicleID=26147&Item=head

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

damn it. its password protected again. hold on......

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

this?.....shit

these are a (-) signal but i hope you can use it to find your highbeams. most likely the highbeam will be a (-) as well.

Attachments

• ford headlight switch.jpg
    ford headlight switch.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

shthpnz

Reaction score
@nosbusa:
Slightly off topic. As I want my parking lights to be switched on the moment I start the truck I was glad to see the picture of the back of the switch. But how can I use the parking light wire when that wire has a negative voltage?
Can you explain what the (minus) means?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you trying to wire up? in order to change the (-) negative trigger ( or ground) into a (+) positive trigger ( or 12 volts) you need to use a relay

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Busa, thanks for the info on the grommet in the firewall ran a 4g wire directly from the battery to passengerside kick panel... I am ordering up a ditribution block to give me power points for the VHF GPS and anything else I can think of I want constant 12 volt.... I dont see anything for the high beam on 12volt.com I looked....