Hidden fuel pump kill switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure your all aware that F-150s are among the most stolen vehicles here in the US. I was thinking about putting a switch somewhere that would cut power to the fuel pump. It would have to be something put somewhere easy to access but hard to see. I think it would be enough to keep it from getting stolen except for maybe by flat bed.

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really think they would give you enough you could go get another Raptor? I just don't trust insurance companies lol

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about one of the aux switches? Could be stealthy enough they wouldn't expect it.

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea, I would like to do that to mine as well. That just leaves the tow truck thieves we have lots of here to steal it. But gets rid of one group of thieves at least, those that drive it away. The pump is in the tank correct? So will you just put a mid way switch in the wiring between the fusebox and the pump then. Please let me know how hard it is , and what wire when you do it please, as a guide to help me. Thanks

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea, I would like to do that to mine as well. That just leaves the tow truck thieves we have lots of here to steal it. But gets rid of one group of thieves at least, those that drive it away. The pump is in the tank correct? So will you just put a mid way switch in the wiring between the fusebox and the pump then. Please let me know how hard it is , and what wire when you do it please, as a guide to help me. Thanks

Not sure how the wiring is setup. I'd rather not interrupt a high amperage wire. If the fuel pump is relayed I'd like to interrupt the low amperage signal to the relay. I'll have to find some f-150 wiring diagrams and see what I can find.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a fuse in the fuseblock for the fuel pump?
I'll have to go look.
Could interrupt that circuit and run it up under the dash or center console or under the rug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn