Here are the Raptor engine specs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel economy numbers on TFL Truck.

2017 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost and 10-Speed Improves by 2 MPG According to the EPA - The Fast Lane Truck

edited to add: I realize these aren't Raptor specific but it still relates because it shows the 2017 F150 gets 2mpg over similar equipped 2016 F150.

Not to be a naysayer, but before anyone gets too excited those are the same exact numbers that the EPA posted for the 2015 F150 4wd with the 3.5 ecoboost and they were not even close to real world figures which were much lower. Still anything over the Gen 1's 14mpg would be a plus.
Tone

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you have to think that Ford was hoping for more out of the new engine and transmission combo. I mean, that's a ton of development money spent for a measly 2 mpg.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you have to think that Ford was hoping for more out of the new engine and transmission combo. I mean, that's a ton of development money spent for a measly 2 mpg.

We have seen a ton of advancement in engine performance and fuel mileage. Really makes you wonder how much more they can get out of an engine.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!!!! Now that numbers are confirmed do you guys think the components are more shared with the GT than originally thought. I know RPMs are gonna be different but how much do you guys think can be squeezed out of a tune?