Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance on paint care, but I waxed my truck this am. And I mean I waxed everything...paint, plastic, etc. I can't buff the wax off of the textured plastic (Hood intakes, SVO vents, cowling) What do I do now???

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy - use a degreaser like Simple Green or the Orange stuff available at any auto parts/supply store.

BUT, try not to get it on your paint as it will remove the wax you worked so hard to put on!

Good luck!

simplegreen.jpg

Orange_Clean_Tough_Acting_Degreaser_Multi-Purpose_Cleaner-resized200.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're welcome. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get the dreaded white wax off the textured black plastic trim. But one day someone told me "Simple Green" and from then on I never sweated getting wax where it shouldn't go.

Now I just sweat not getting degreaser on my freshly waxed paint. :mrgreen:

TxRaptor6.2

Reaction score
Although the wax is very helpful to the clear plastic such as headlights etc, the textured plastic should be treated with a silicon dressing. It not only helps prevent fade. It helps it to wash clean very easily since the dirt and mud will not soak into the plastic. I also use it on the running boards. Let it soak in for awhile then wipe off excess. The dirt and mud will rinse right off.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're welcome. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get the dreaded white wax off the textured black plastic trim. But one day someone told me "Simple Green" and from then on I never sweated getting wax where it shouldn't go.

Now I just sweat not getting degreaser on my freshly waxed paint. :mrgreen:
Simple Green is biodegradable Formula 409. I have yet to find anything it couldn't take off.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Simple Green is biodegradable Formula 409. I have yet to find anything it couldn't take off.

Where is that information on Simple Green provided?

Formula 409 will dissolve or dull most any paint and it's known to be more harsh than Simple Green. I can't imagine the only difference is "biodegradability."

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is that information on Simple Green provided?

Formula 409 will dissolve or dull most any paint and it's known to be more harsh than Simple Green. I can't imagine the only difference is "biodegradability."
When I was in the Navy we would use Simply Green on everything and it took everything off and sometimes paint.