Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruttenjs

Reaction score
I have 2012 and have a Intermitted sound that sounds like I am dragging a branch or grinding in the steering. The rack and pinion has been replaced and the sound still is there, sometimes if I hit a small bump the sound is there and other times not a sound. Any ideas????

OP
OP
R

ruttenjs

Reaction score
In two wheel and like i said only sometimes. I have also had both front shafts replaced.

Last edited:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
You on top perch? Check your wheel hub, i had a grimding noise thought it was my gear assembly, but emded up being thenwheel hub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is your inner fender grinding kind the wheel at speed. Inspect both sides, you will find the black plastic is loose. Use some plastic zip ties to hold it in place.

Let us know if that isn't it...

Joe

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Oh man those fender lines are a *************, when i get home this weekend im rippimg them out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, they don't do what they are designed to do... had to zip tie mine up last week, and I haven't been off-roads in months :(

Joe

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious why you had to replace your rack and pinion?

Check your lower front shock bolt, If they are not on tight then you may get a clicking sound, especially after hitting a bump.

I have 2012 and have a Intermitted sound that sounds like I am dragging a branch or grinding in the steering. The rack and pinion has been replaced and the sound still is there, sometimes if I hit a small bump the sound is there and other times not a sound. Any ideas????

OP
OP
R

ruttenjs

Reaction score
I looked at the fender liner and they look good, the little black keepers are still there. I have had the truck since May and have had both front axles replaced and the rack. When the dealer installed the leveling kit and 20 inch rims they put the shocks on the top perch making the angle way to much causing the steering to overextend and leak.