Help with Rigid Dually / Bracket Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got my Rigid Amber/White Duallys ready to mount on the bracket.

However, I'm looking at drilling the holes to mount the bracket and am running into a little snafu.

When holding the bracket in the proper place it looks crooked.

Question one: Should ANY part of the bracket be sticking out of the fog light hole? - I ask this because the Driver's Side Fog Light bracket sticks out the hole on the side towards the center. The outside of the bracket falls in behind the bumper...

What's up with that?

To sum it up: Can someone take a picture of me of the duallys installed and get a close up of the fog light opening? I want to see if the bracket itself is visable or just the lights.

Thanx!

Help???

Last edited:

DB06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my Rigid Amber/White Duallys ready to mount on the bracket.

However, I'm looking at drilling the holes to mount the bracket and am running into a little snafu.

Question one: Should ANY part of the bracket be sticking out of the fog light hole? - I ask this because the Driver's Side Fog Light bracket sticks out the hole on the side towards the center. The outside of the bracket falls in behind the bumper...

What's up with that?

To sum it up: Can someone take a picture of me of the duallys installed and get a close up of the fog light opening? I want to see if the bracket itself is visable or just the lights.

Thanx!

Help???

No part of the bracket should stick out beyond the edge of the bumper (or out the hole as you say). If the passenger side is mounting correctly, I suspect your bumper is misaligned. Once that is adjusted, the bracket will probably fit.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here there is no bracket showing:

IMG_0644.jpg

Here there appears to be a bracket showing:

IMG_0642.jpg

Now if I reallign my bumper, that will fix it but will it mess with anything else?

...are these to much of a headache to mess with?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, you didn't shove the bracket up behind the bumper. It's in the right place, but it has to be up under the bumper.

I never could get mine installed the way RIGID promised, so I said a big "**** it" and I never installed them on my new truck. Good luck getting the bumperette covers back on too, without removing your whole bumper and taking it apart. F that.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, you didn't shove the bracket up behind the bumper. It's in the right place, but it has to be up under the bumper.

I never could get mine installed the way RIGID promised, so I said a big "**** it" and I never installed them on my new truck. Good luck getting the bumperette covers back on too, without removing your whole bumper and taking it apart. F that.

Thanx! The pics aren't my truck. I haven't done anything to it yet. Hell, I haven't even drilled the holes to mount the brackets yet. I am just confirming what I'm hearing.

There is no way for me to get those brackets in behind the bumper and have them line up properly to fit the plastic plug back into the original hole.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Yes. Give them to me :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Give them to me :waytogo:

I'm going to look at them one more time this week and if I decide I don't want to mess with them, I'll be putting them up for sale! I'll keep you in mind.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got home and pulled out the brackets again!

I can now see that the bumper is out of alignment. How difficult is it for a NOVICE to align their own bumper?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can now see that the bumper is out of alignment. How difficult is it for a NOVICE to align their own bumper?

You'd definitely have it easier with another set of hands. The bumper alignment itself is pretty damn easy, actually. Just 4 bolts and it moves up and down. Two on each side.

I think I would actually go against RIGID's instructions if I ever installed them again and I would do it backwards. I'd remove the bumper completely, install the lights on the bracket before securing them to the truck and making sure they were on there good and tight. Also, DO NOT use the self-tapping shit screws that ship with the kit - use some bolts (if you have the patience) or at least some higher quality self-tappers...

Then, I'd fight getting the bumper on...

Come to think of it, I think that the face of the lights are too big to fit through the opening, so I just typed that for nothing. Shit. Well, at least you'd have the brackets exactly where they'd need to be and could remove just the lights and screw around with the installation.

I don't know man, if it were me, I don't have the time nor the patience to go through it again. Like, if my beautiful bride was to want a set on the truck, sure, I'd do it for her, but I'd rather not deal with the mess just for myself.

They're pretty damn useful, though, if you do get them on and working. They look pretty nice and give off great light.

Good luck!:peace:

andypick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted a set and had no problems.. truck was new and bumper seemed to be aligned right. I did have to mod one of the holes in the mounting plate so I didn't drill into an existing hold in the frame. All in all after some looking and careful planning, they screwed on as promised... My issue is that after only two weeks, I've had two burn out on one side from what looks like a water leak in the wiring harness.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got my lights and brackets today. I tested the placement of the brackets on my 2012 Raptor and they do NOT line up at all. They stick out further on one side (both driver and passenger) and they are not completely parallel to the openings.

I'm pissed that this is such a complex install. First the upfitter wiring is ridiculous, then the mounts are poorly designed for an easy, self-aligning install. Too much guess work on the location of the holes to drill. When I bought them I thought they fit into factory drilled holes (my mistake for guessing).

The instructions are slightly helpful, but the pictures are horrible and useless. I will try again this weekend, during the day, with a helper, and a tall glass of patience!

I tried to find a YouTube video on the install, but no such luck.

UPDATE:

After many hours of shopping for tools, researching the install, and trial and error - my fog lights are installed.

The issue with the brackets lining up with the fog light holes is NOT the brackets, the bumper is the issue. I had to adjust the bumper on both sides. It was installed too high on each end. There are two 21mm bolts on each side that must be loosened to let the bumper fall lower, then tighten them back. It is a pain in the neck and expensive. The 21mm socket is very large and requires a 1/2" ratchet. I had to buy a 1/2" ratchet ($27), a 1/2" extension bar ($15), and the 21mm deep socket ($37 since it was only available in a set). If I had more time I probably could have found a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter for my normal ratchet set.

Once you get it all figured out, the work takes less than an hour.

They look great!

Last edited: