Help with new Raptor Purchase Pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cacaman

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking into buying my first vehicle (that i will actually pay for), and I have my mind pretty set in a raptor. I currently own a 2003 Ford Mustang GT, which has been my car since senior year in high school. If need be, I will sell it. I just wouldn't feel 100% comfortable using a raptor as a daily driver.

I'm in the market for a new, fully loaded, black super crew raptor, 2012 or 2013 (minus the decals). I live in Laredo Tx, and am willing to travel anywhere in Texas for my truck.

According to Edmunds, I should be paying approximately 50,000.

Since this is the first vehicle I am buying, I need some buyer's advice.
1. Is it possible to find one for this much?
2. Has anyone heard of 0% interest or rebates for raptors?
3. How much of a down-payment would you all recommend I give?
4. Any misc. tips?

Anything is appreciated, I just want this to go as smoothly on and and my wallet as possible. Thanks!

-Alex

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on the interest rate you get, check a few local banks and credit unions first. Then go to the dealer armed with information. 50,000 is about right new fully loaded maybe 52k used 48k and of course the price goes down if its not loaded. Don't get conned in to anything extra, get what you need only... Watch out for dealers fees, or doc prep charge.... These are not required government fees. Good luck...

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check trucar, it will show what others have paid and will also tell you which dealers give the best deal.

I financed mine through Ford @ 1.9%

Regardless, you will get a better deal if you order one but the wait sucks.

OP
OP
C

Cacaman

Reaction score
Check trucar, it will show what others have paid and will also tell you which dealers give the best deal.

I financed mine through Ford @ 1.9%

Regardless, you will get a better deal if you order one but the wait sucks.

How do you go about ordering one? Directly from the dealer?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you'll be hard pressed to get one on the lot for that price. If you find the right dealer then it's definitely possible but those are few and far between. Ford's rebates and incentives on the f150s don't apply to the raptor. Put as much down as you can comfortable afford. That'll bring your payments down and possibly a lower interest rate.

OP
OP
C

Cacaman

Reaction score
Good info, thanks! Now, when I feel I have enough info, should I email a bunch of ford dealers asking for their lowest price? Or is it better to visit them in person and negotiate there?

I only have 1 ford dealer in my city, and they jack up the price about 10k for "market adjustment", so i refuse to work with them.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then better get some traveling music... I don't know where you live but look on here in search and find Raptor dealers selling for invoice... If you see it on the lot even in Norcal I have been seeing dealers making some deals at or near invoice watch craigslist.. They don't last long so if your reading it, then you better have your car keys in your hand... I have seen dealers getting as much as 25,000 over MSRP, which is about 5 to 7 thousand over invoice....