Help with Kicker sub install..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRaptorr

Reaction score
All, I ordered a kicker upgrade subwoofer (VGL3T-18808-A) for my 2019 supercab, but I cannot find the "plug n play" wpt1212 plug for the amp. Is this discontinued for 2019? Any help would be appreciated. The only plug I can find is a two wire thats close to the module mounted on the back of the cab..

TXRaider

Reaction score
I am having this kicker upgrade added next week to my new Raptor before I pick it up. They told me that on the new raptors it’s not plug and play anymore. I think I read that 2019s on are that way as well.

OP
OP
B

BRaptorr

Reaction score
Thanks for that! makes sense. May go a different route now that the oem kit is just as intrusive.

FoShizzle

Reaction score
Check out the “DIY Stereo upgrade for $500” thread. I added a kicker sub with a small auxiliary amp to the factory enclosure and it’s awesome! Comes out to about $250. The consensus is that wrapping the factory plastic subwoofer enclosure in dynamat or something similar really tightens the bass too.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the “DIY Stereo upgrade for $500” thread. I added a kicker sub with a small auxiliary amp to the factory enclosure and it’s awesome! Comes out to about $250. The consensus is that wrapping the factory plastic subwoofer enclosure in dynamat or something similar really tightens the bass too.

But was this done in a 2019 or 2020 with B&O like the OP asked?

OP
OP
B

BRaptorr

Reaction score
Thanks foshizzle. I’ll see if that may work for me. I did find the correct part number for the 19/20 it’s VKL3T-18808-A. But, requires to run a power wire to battery,install wires into an existing harness ,and then use forscan to turn it on. If this is all correct, I may be better off to use a plug and play for the rca and activation wire and mount a kicker hideaway if that voltage will turn it on..

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. My 2017 was super easy with the plug already available and then activated with Forescan. A shame Ford stopped building in that capability.

OP
OP
B

BRaptorr

Reaction score
I ended up talking to kicker tech support and they were super helpful. They said I’d be better off with the vkl3t and having it turned on with forscan. With the auto start stop I would have issues installing a hideaway or aftermarket sub.