help with rear bumper wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all,

found this wire harness bouncing around in the rear… believe its for the rear bumper.

unsure if a result of the rear bumper being removed, or if it was never secured properly from factory (wouldn’t doubt it).

i see there are push pins to secure it in place, but for the life of me cannot find the holes to secure them to.

i know for sure the large connector should not be flopping around as is, makes me uncomfortable to say the least.

does anyone know how to properly route this? or if a fellow member could shoot a picture from under the truck it might give me a good idea.

much appreciated!

IMG_3290.jpegIMG_3291.jpeg

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I would say that bumper has been off. You will want to tighten down that ground bolt for sure.

I don't have a Gen 3, so will let others help with the wires. Looks like it could be trailer or pro power related.

Paging @FordTechOne
Good catch

OP
OP
erniecsays

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that bumper has been off. You will want to tighten down that ground bolt for sure.

I don't have a Gen 3, so will let others help with the wires. Looks like it could be trailer or pro power related.

Paging @FordTechOne
yeah, it was painted… my guess is thats where this mess came from.

i secured the harness best as possible with zip ties and the push pins i could find receiving holes for, I tightened the ground as well… its this guy thats concerning to me.

“If you want something done right, do it yourself” smh…

IMG_3290.jpeg

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
yeah, it was painted… my guess is thats where this mess came from.

i secured the harness best as possible with zip ties and the push pins i could find receiving holes for, I tightened the ground as well… its this guy thats concerning to me.

“If you want something done right, do it yourself” smh…

View attachment 431084
Is that connector plugged in to anything?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely need to tighten that ground on the frame. Thats a problem..

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They ran the harness on the wrong side of the frame. You will have to disconnect it and undo the ground. Then route it properly.

Attachments

• IMG_7639.jpeg
    IMG_7639.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 11

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The connector goes above the spare on the little crossmember. But you will have to unplug and disconnect the ground to route it properly.

OP
OP
erniecsays

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connector goes above the spare on the little crossmember. But you will have to unplug and disconnect the ground to route it properly.

much appreciated! figured I would drop the spare and take a look when I got home this confirms it.

thanks all for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter