Help! Unable to Locate Cabin Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PyroRaptor413

Reaction score
Don't worry.....the fake v-8 engine sound pumped into the cab was only half of the brilliant idea to cover up the V6 sound of engine. The squeaks and rattles you hear are also being pumped into the cabin via audio. Ford wanted us to have the full sound of rock crawling since the vehicle is so light and won't creak like a heavy bodied V8.Set your fader full forward and all the way to the passengers side and the sound will be right over the passengers side dash.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Adjust the seat belt height adjuster; that is where my squeak is coming from....after many miles of trying to figure it out. Mine developed after off-roading too

I think its brilliant how Ford actually backed the Seatbelt receiver with felt to help reduce the noise of the seatbelt receiver hitting the center console when off roading.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has one or two rattles but can't figure them out. I will try the seatbelt area. Never off-road and no sunroof

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, at about 35 MPH, my Raptor has developed a cabin squeak.

It sounds like it's coming from over my right shoulder. A lower pitch noise as opposed to a higher frequency squeak. But attempts to isolate it by someone sitting in the back have been to no avail.

It's annoying, but I can always drive with the radio on until it needs to go in for service.

Meanwhile, has anyone encountered this and if so, where you able to find / fix it?
Did you ever find out what it was ? I now have the same. Sounds like is over my right shoulder or back passenger seat area. Any bumps it squeaky. Ive treid to shake everything cant find it. Must be inside something.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's coming from inside? On my 18 SCrew the rubbers between the bed and the cabin squeak like hell. Particularly can be heard when opening the back window. Or... if you have a bed cover, check the hoses they use on some models to drain the water from the cover rails. Anyway... just providing you with ideas. Good luck hunting!

dasbury

Reaction score
I had it for months. It was the sun / moon roof. 2 trips to Ford and they finally replaced the roof rails - silence now for about 6 months. Good luck. I gave them my truck and told them I didn't want it back until it was fixed - that's what made them work harder to find the cause.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent the better part of a month trying to find a squeak that sounds similar to yours. It turned out to be the tonneau cover squeaking against the bed box (near the cab). I have no idea how the sound traveled inside the cab like it did, but it sounded like it was coming from just over my right shoulder and would happen whenever I was travelling on road that wasn't smooth.

I am not sure this is what you are experiencing, but it will give you another point to test/eliminate if you haven't checked it yet.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya its inside for sure. mother-in-law don't have one currently which is great so she isn't hiding back there.
jack accessory kit i removed it completely.
and ya its inside for sure. all my bushes outside are lubed up and nothing outside squeaks.

i'll check that sunroof. i've moved all the seatbelt stuff and fastened and tapped those up so not seatbelt stuff don't think

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya its inside for sure. mother-in-law don't have one currently which is great so she isn't hiding back there.
jack accessory kit i removed it completely.
and ya its inside for sure. all my bushes outside are lubed up and nothing outside squeaks.

i'll check that sunroof. i've moved all the seatbelt stuff and fastened and tapped those up so not seatbelt stuff don't think

Mine makes the same sound rear back seat over my shoulder.... I have ****** with everything and still it is there..... annoying plastic squeak over rough roads.... if I put the rear seat up it stops..... Also my sunroof makes a thunking noise over uneven driveway exits or uneven roads....

Really really annoying for a 70K truck.... but I have offroaded it a few times and I guess I should expect something to start to rattle?