Help needed, limp mode , etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yes I am

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
yeah, take the PC off.

I'll betcha the computer is seeing a throttle position and airflow mismatch.

Check the ABS sensors. Check the electrical plug on the back of the motor ( near the top). you'll need the engine cover removed to find it. Sometimes they wiggle loose.

I would also check the entire intake from turbos out to the air box, and all the piping that has rubber or silicone elbows.

If you've dicked around with the PCV/crank case lines at all, check those too.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Mine did similar to what you describe, 2 times a few months apart with the PC installed. Hasn't done it without the PC. That's not a smoking gun by any means, but you might try running a while without it. I took it out when I had the tranny reflashed last month, put it back in the other day.

OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will, thank you so much. I appreciate the help. Saw another post where a guy had the same codes on video as mine... rear wheel sensor .. I will try all the above as well

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another forum member had a collection of weird codes and limp mode. Turned out to be a rodent chewed harness. The codes would help us help you troubleshoot though. I'd also check the air box lid and the intake tubing .if a/f and throttle position don't line up, things get screwy.

This, or a bad ground, was going to be my suggestion... If it’s not the ABS sensor, you’re gonna have to go stem to stern, tracing every harness to be sure though.

Ugh...

Hope it’s something obvious and easily fixed like that wheel sensor/pickup.

OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This, or a bad ground, was going to be my suggestion... If it’s not the ABS sensor, you’re gonna have to go stem to stern, tracing every harness to be sure though.

Ugh...

Hope it’s something obvious and easily fixed like that wheel sensor/pickup.
Me too, checked all the sensors.. all looked, just some Mark's on this one cable 4e645a05b93e52df82273daa48893878.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I carry 2 spares on runs now. its a super quick 5 min swap of a sensor and carrying them has already saved a trail day for one of my buds. IIRC the replacements are $17.

It is also completely workable to splice the cut one in a pinch. they are literally 2 wires ( + and -) and when I first ate through one, my makeshift splice held for 2 subsequent runs ( while I waited for the spares to show up as no one semi-locally had them or could get them sooner than tasca.)

any chance you know the p/n - I am adding to the list of spares; just grabbed an iwe check valve today.

OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep stating '' My wife thinks I only have 3 guns " ? It's just wrong on so many levels.
It's my signature...
Why are you "on the brake" Is that there is so much traffic for no reason sometimes.

And to give you a real answer, she has no idea how many I have... she doesn't care, happy wife happy life, she spends my money on crap she wants.

I spend it on guns. Need some training?