Help locked out of ignition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreggAZ

Reaction score
I am stuck in a parking garage, I can not even get the key to go into the ignition. The shifter and steering are locked, and there is something blocking the key from going into the ignition. Any suggestions? is som

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never heard of this before. the pins in the ignition failed? doesnt ford have roadside assistance? try them and see if they can get you going.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try getting out and try locking and unlocking the truck. Could just be a random glitch.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have never heard of the key not going in. ever. thats a me hanical issue that is not telated to the steering wheel or tire position.

why dont you remote start and sit inside while waiting for the towtruck?

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes with Ford ignitions the outside part that you can see gets out of alignment with the rest if the cylinder. This will prevent the key from going in. If you Carefully take a screw driver and insert it about an 1/8 of an inch and try realigning it the key should go in.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I keep a fishing pole in the back of my truck rigged and ready and live in a warm weather state. So when some crap like this happens I can relax while waiting for somebody else to fix it. In a parking garage with no water around? so then I just work on my casting accuracy and technique.