Help from guys with 5star tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for them to fix the sensitivity on the Livewire, that's the only complaint I have with it, about half the time I select the wrong option due to the poor touchscreen sensitivity.

Jackie

Reaction score
Staring at $600+ for a Livewire at 5Star and staring at sub $500 at Amazon. Any reason I should know not to go the Amazon route?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Staring at $600+ for a Livewire at 5Star and staring at sub $500 at Amazon. Any reason I should know not to go the Amazon route?

You won't be getting the "custom tunes" from 5star if it comes from amazon. Mikes tune are worth every penny.

Jackie

Reaction score
You won't be getting the "custom tunes" from 5star if it comes from amazon. Mikes tune are worth every penny.

Thanks for understanding the question. Should've just asked if the custom tunes were worth $150+.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What data would I show on a Livewire that makes the extra $200 worth it? The pic at the 5 Star site shows a nice analog RPM gauge. Well. I already have one of those on the dashboard. Anything else?

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to see. It can show you a lot more than the stock gauges - temps, ratios, knock, etc.

As mentioned earlier it also has a tie in for other sensors/pickups including a camera pickup, but I wonder if one could tie in the front camera to the livewire instead of having to jump thru the hoops to make the stock one display....

Then of course there's data logging that one can do. If you have multiple vehicles with tunes you can use the Livewire for logging and display on all compatible vehicles and then just buy the cheaper tuners to just install the tune. One can still data log with a PC but it can be a PITA to try and run a PC while driving. The nicest thing about the Livewire if one notices an issue it's pretty easy to log the issue pretty quickly, vs a laptop.

Mjburns78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do you get in touch with this Mike guy? Looking at tuners more for towing.

Love her just the way she is....

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tying into the front camera would make it worth the price increase alone!!
It would, but I don't know if it works to tie into the existing factory camera. If I knew it worked I would just mount the livewire permanent to the dash and tie in the camera, assuming that isn't more of a hassle then just changing out the camera.