Help! Baja Designs LP6 to upfitter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomt

Reaction score
This LP9 harness is excessive. I dont wish to use toggle supplied. Ready to hack it up. Has anyone figured out how to still use relay on this harness but tap into upfitter switches instead of supplied toggle switch? Toggle has 2 red and 2 white wires. Thank you

IMG_20200308_142249_278.jpg

20200314_150620.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know you text us but easy fix.. cut the harness. Meaning after the relay, where it goes to the switch. Cut that off. Whatever went to the switch for on/off... that'll go to your upfitter. THe upfitter will turn the relay on, which will turn the lights on.

2 harnesses can be twisted together and you can use 1 upfitter to control both relays. OR you can do it via 2 switches.

OP
OP
Tomt

Tomt

Reaction score
Going to the switch there are 2 red and 2 white wires. I wonder which i should connect to upfitter wire? The reds probably? Maybe one red is low beam and one red is high beam? I think that toggle is on, off,on allowing either high or low. I read you never want to turn on both at same time will damage light. Am i on right track here?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah 1 will be for low, 1 for high. Which is which I don't know without a harness in front of me. The switch is designed so you can't turn them both on (it's a toggle). That's also why I don't recommend worrying about wiring in the low to an upfitter, you run the risk of powering both (what happens if you power both im not 100% sure on though).

OP
OP
Tomt

Tomt

Reaction score
Yeah 1 will be for low, 1 for high. Which is which I don't know without a harness in front of me. The switch is designed so you can't turn them both on (it's a toggle). That's also why I don't recommend worrying about wiring in the low to an upfitter, you run the risk of powering both (what happens if you power both im not 100% sure on though).
What are the whites for? Do i use them? I know there is one that is yellow that can be tied into marker light, its only 1amp. I plan to go to a 5a upfitter switch for that. So wonder what the whites are and if i need them? Grounds?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try this. The back of the LP6/LP9 has 4 pins. Please see the diagram below of the wiring diagram of these 4 pins. Take a close look at your wire harness and you can see what color wires goes to what pin. Once you determine what color wire does what then you can cut what you don't need. I hope this works.

LP6-pin.jpg

BTW ... I also have 4 LP6s. I looked at the BD wiring harness but I knew I had to cut it up to wire it to the auxiliary switches and then ended up losing all the functionality anyway.

There are other ways to simplify the wiring via devices like the LVJ Relay Panel, SiwtchPro or SPod. Granted these 3 devices are much more expensive but you can reuse them on other vehicles.

The BD wiring hardness once you cut it up you could never reuse it unless on another raptor.

For you price you paid, BD should have have produced a special LP series harness for the Raptor.

This LP9 harness is excessive. I dont wish to use toggle supplied. Ready to hack it up. Has anyone figured out how to still use relay on this harness but tap into upfitter switches instead of supplied toggle switch? Toggle has 2 red and 2 white wires. Thank you

View attachment 139549

View attachment 139550

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja really can't (or I should say, won't) make a raptor specific LP4/LP6/LP9 harness because they are not bolt-on lights. They make an upfitter connection harness for S1/S2/Squadrons because those are bolt-on applications. But the LP series, require aftermarket brackets/etc... plus... you can't power them from an upfitter and you would require a relay. SOO they just make a relay harness which you can cut the switch off of. It's honestly not too difficult. We have a lot of customers who do this. I just don't recall off the top of my head which wire is which is all. But if you just take the wire harness and follow the lines it's pretty easy to figure out.

Your replacing the switch with your upfitter wires, that's it.

OP
OP
Tomt

Tomt

Reaction score
Thanks you guys! I did it today, wasnt that bad. As 4x4 said first i cut the toggle off. I found through trial and error it was a white wire that went to the toggle that i was able to hook straight to upfitter switch for high beam. This is still using the BD relay provided. A red one was low beams. Then i ended up cutting the whole thing up to shorten the power and ground as well as the very long feed to the lights. I opted to also run backlit on all LP6s on an upfitter too instead of tapping DRL. Backlit is the yellow wires, all 4 can run on 1 switch with no relay. Hope this post helps someone else. Thanks again!

20200315_111756.jpg

20200315_150758.jpg

20200315_150808.jpg

20200315_171853.jpg