Hello from SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammertime

Reaction score
Another newbie here, first time Raptor owner for a few weeks now. picked up a 2020 Gen 2 in Oxford White. She has 24k miles and new Method Wheels and 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm a long time Ford owner and first time Raptor owner. Looking forward to all the advice and expertise here. I had been looking for a while when I found her at a VW Dealership here locally. I don't think they really new what they had. I know.... post a picture or it's a Prius.
Very nice. What lift is on it? Does it have upgraded leaf springs? Do you know what part number of Method wheels you have on there?

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh lordy.... Get rid of that humungous block in the rear. That is fricken awful. Look at the leafs, they are almost completely flat. Does it ride like absolute chit ? The very first thing before anything would be to get rid of that rear set up and get Icon or Deaver leaf packs. Your ride will improve immensely, no more rear end slide and axle hop. Do you tow or plan on off roading ?

OP
OP
So-Cal-Al-52

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Yep, live and learn. I did not know any better last year when I bought her. The truck cam just like you see it. It rides very nice now that I have aired the tires down to about 32 psi. I am not sure what it would take to reset the back because of the block. It is my first Raptor and I have been very impressed with the truck So far.

I don’t tow anymore. I did when I had my F-250. I do light off roading on dirt roads and trails but nothing too crazy. And since I have learned so much more about the truck I wish I knew better before I bought it. I don’t have any regrets but I would never to this to it new.

It has Method NV-305 double black. The wheels are 18x9. They seem like zero offset but the wheels have no identifiers on them. Wrapped in 37x12.50xR18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. It also has the Baja designs triple fog light package wired to the auxiliary switches.

The tires are a little heavy but they ride very nice and seem to wear very even.

anyone have any idea what size leaf springs would equal the hieght I need if the block was taken out? It is about a 3 inch block so maybe deaver plus 2 or 3?

I love the truck but I am considering a new Gen 3 in the future. I would love a new one that I can make own from day one. But I am unsure what the market will do and the gas price issue. I can afford the gas but will the prices eventually drive prices down? I am not as big fan of ADM’S. Here in SoCal I can’t find any that are not 20-25K over MSRP.

Last edited: