Heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My seat heater stopped working, before it broke it got real hot and then stopped working. How do i know exactly what parts i need to fix it?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seat heater stopped working, before it broke it got real hot and then stopped working. How do i know exactly what parts i need to fix it?

The seat element for your year truck, and your time, I purchased mine from tasca auto parts.
Page 6 of this thread I have a write up and pictures.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seat element for your year truck, and your time, I purchased mine from tasca auto parts.
Page 6 of this thread I have a write up and pictures.

Hey man i was just getting ready to buy the part just wanted to make sure this is the only thing i need ELEMENT for 2011 Ford F-150|9L3Z-14D696-C ? Is there anyway of knowing if the heaters themselves are also bad?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do i need the back element too?

I like to replace them both at the same time. You figure if on went bad the other probably isn't far behind. I had that happen on the M6 and less than a month later the back element went. If you're going to have the seat apart you might as well. JMO buddy. Plus I'm sure they're a lot less than the M6 I had to pay the BMW tax lol.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And just a reminder for anyone just tuning in since this is an old thread. This is only for Seats that are Heated only. Those that have Heated/Air Cooled do not have a heating element. They have a blower with a TEC that either make heat or cool, just like the 12v plug in coolers they sell.