Heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Good luck, you have to remove the seat to get to all the clips. Based on how long it took you to get the rear seat out you'll be back asking for help in the next couple of days.

HAHAHAHHAA go @t_j!

3480791-9842820259-Owned.gif

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck, you have to remove the seat to get to all the clips. Based on how long it took you to get the rear seat out you'll be back asking for help in the next couple of days.

Yea the backseat never made it out... Lol. I'm probably going to just have someone do the install anyway. I don't really feel like going through all that

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the backseat never made it out... Lol. I'm probably going to just have someone do the install anyway. I don't really feel like going through all that

Hey Bulletnjm, where in jersey are you located, you can do the job without removing the seat, If your close Ill give you a hand, I did a write up on it with pictures, never removed seat

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Bulletnjm, where in jersey are you located, you can do the job without removing the seat, If your close Ill give you a hand, I did a write up on it with pictures, never removed seat

I'm down by Atlantic city. Don't worry about it. Ill sleep on doing it myself tonight

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down by Atlantic city. Don't worry about it. Ill sleep on doing it myself tonight

Thats sucks, your about 3 hrs from me, not a hard job, just watch your fingers, the seat frame is killer sharp, if you look at my pictures, you will see some blood in them, lol

n4xxr76

Reaction score
And just a reminder for anyone just tuning in since this is an old thread. This is only for Seats that are Heated only. Those that have Heated/Air Cooled do not have a heating element. They have a blower with a TEC that either make heat or cool, just like the 12v plug in coolers they sell.

I asked that question earlier in the thread (post #67) and was told my seat still had a heating element. Can someone confirm who is right? I already bought replacement elements (if I need them) but haven't gone in to replace them yet. Since mine is heated/cooled and don't notice a difference when I have the seat warmer on, where would I find the TEC heater so I can troubleshoot/fix/replace it? I would assume it's close to the air filter under the seat...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do not have a heating element. You have the TEC that does both the heating and the cooling. It just reverses the polarity on the TEC to heat instead of cool.

If you look under the seat towards the back you should see the unit with the fan and filter that does the heating and the cooling. When you turn the seat on max heat or max cool do you hear the fan kick on? If you do not hear the fan then the unit definitely will not work as that fan moves the heated or cooled air off the TC heatsink and thru the seat ducts.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm this is a super easy repair.

I bought the element on eBay for $23 shipped. 2 pair of needle nose pliers, a pair of vise grips, a 7mm socket, and a T-15 (or maybe it was 20) torx bit is all you need.

I took about 45 minutes total. I also found a great tip on a different forum (I'm SO sorry I cheated on y'all). You can very easily replace the hog rings with heavy duty zip ties. This makes it so much easier to get back together and sucks the seam of the leather in better than new.

I've heard some outrageous quotes for this repair by the stealership and all I can tell you is anybody can do this repair. Please don't let your ass go cold just because you're too scared to tackle this.