Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that are wondering what the fault is and how it looks...here goes:

photo22222.jpg

and a close up of the burnt wire that hits just behind your right knee

photo1.jpg

The wiring crosses that fold in the foam you see and everytime you adjust your weight it bends the wire until it shorts out.

No problem here though according to Ford engineers. They told my home dealership I was outright wrong that there was a problem. I know the guys well so I had them order in the seat base and when they pulled it apart they called Ford and they requested pictures.

Glad to share.

Jeff

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks exactly like the cadillac and vw seat heaters. great something to look foreward to doing in the future...... and i thought i was done replacing those.......

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Mine just went out for the first time. Doesn't get a whole lotta use down here but it's starting to get chilly in the morning and its nice to knock the chill of the leather. Unfortunately I'm 10,000 miles past bumper-to-bumper so I'll have to pay outta pocket for this.

What temperature is considered to be chilly in Texas?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. The 'funny' thing is the first time I brought it in they told me it'd always been like that and that it was normal. Then, I took this video, and asked them if they thought 151 was normal?

They eventually fixed this under warranty (hard to argue with an IR thermometer and this vid). It went out almost a year to the day again, but this time there's no warranty. Still haven't fixed it yet since I'm considering replacing the whole seat anyway.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PM me how much you're looking to get Charlie. I can't decide if I just want to keep going through seats (being 6'9" and 330lbs really stresses the adjustable components) or if I want to step up to the plate and go with a full suspension rigid mounted seat.

mr daniels

Reaction score
61550 miles and mine shit out on me (6'1 200lbs) and ford told me would be around 100 bucks with my ext warranty...done and done will get the pig in Thurs and pull it apart