Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the guys that had the heated seat problem, where it would burn the hell out of your thigh then it stopped working. Do you remember what it cost to fix? This just happened to me and I'd liked to get it fixed before winter. Just trying to get an estimate of how much this is gonna run me.

Thanks guys!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You need a new heat element pad and possibly a new seat foam core if the pad won't come off without a fight. I believe it was around $230 in parts. Mine just did it for the 3rd time as a matter of fact. I just got it replaced in March and used it maybe 10 times then ****

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait... you use the heated seats in Texas???

How long do they last? I use mine all the time, but sounds like they burn out quite a bit. Anyone get it covered under warranty?

The dealer probably won't cover if mine goes bad b/c of the stage 4 lol...

Yukon Joe

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait... you use the heated seats in Texas???

How long do they last? I use mine all the time, but sounds like they burn out quite a bit. Anyone get it covered under warranty?

The dealer probably won't cover if mine goes bad b/c of the stage 4 lol...

Yukon Joe

Might be a weight rating issue LOL!

You are definitely not covered if you have Stage 4

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine just went out for the first time. Doesn't get a whole lotta use down here but it's starting to get chilly in the morning and its nice to knock the chill of the leather. Unfortunately I'm 10,000 miles past bumper-to-bumper so I'll have to pay outta pocket for this.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My extended warranty covered mine. I thought I was the only guy getting his ass fried lol.

Jeff

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hot do the stock seats get? My Denali would burn my ass after a few minutes... I figured the Raptor ones just sucked, but maybe they are broke?

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully BigJ will chime in, I seem to remember him doing and thermometer test, and the hot spot getting to a ridiculous temperature.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Yeah my original seat heater really burned my ass. Got mine replaced under warranty when it quit working.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
You need a new heat element pad and possibly a new seat foam core if the pad won't come off without a fight. I believe it was around $230 in parts. Mine just did it for the 3rd time as a matter of fact. I just got it replaced in March and used it maybe 10 times then ****

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Bird, you gotta cut down on the Taco Bell if you've replaced 3 of them... Gas is for the tank and not for releasing on the seats...