Headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I believe I saw something about this in the settings menu. I’ll check it out later today.
You have to use forscan to activate it. It is standard on Canadian and probably other country trucks, but the US has antiquated laws that make it illegal currently.

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my 21 Raptor and first time night driving I was getting flashed by everyone even though my high beams weren't on. After some research I discovered the "auto high beams setting". Once I turned that off I'm not getting flashed. Give that a shot and see if it helps!

Fella33

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my 21 Raptor and first time night driving I was getting flashed by everyone even though my high beams weren't on. After some research I discovered the "auto high beams setting". Once I turned that off I'm not getting flashed. Give that a shot and see if it helps!
Thank you for the suggestion. I did turn off auto high beam and actually stopped turning on the high beam at all. Every car that passed including semi trucks flashed without me using high beam. I am going to try the glare free option. I am in Canada so I think it’s already active on my truck. Thanks again.

jad

Reaction score
mine was the same way, couldn't hardy drive a night trip for getting flashed by every other oncoming vechicle with my low beams on, adjusted and it dropped to 1/5 flashing adjusted agian and ok now......

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to use forscan to activate it. It is standard on Canadian and probably other country trucks, but the US has antiquated laws that make it illegal currently.
Just last week, the US started giving various automakers approval for this. I saw that VW was granted permission as well as another manufacturer. Maybe we'll be given that open in an update after Ford's approval.

Fella33

Reaction score
Just last week, the US started giving various automakers approval for this. I saw that VW was granted permission as well as another manufacturer. Maybe we'll be given that open in an update after Ford's approval.
My truck is Canadian so this feature is active. It was turned on when I was driving a few nights ago so my opinion is that the feature is useless. I was getting flashed by every vehicle. I will try to adjust the lights down and see if that helps.

20174x4

Reaction score
They need adjusted. I don’t recall the number of turns of the screwdriver, but I took 5 min and lowered them a bit and no one has flashed since then…. It didn’t take much and I feel I can see just as well. Give it a shot (safely).

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. There is going to be fog. I don't like that but they are vented and without a halogen bulb to heat the vapor out.....gonna have fog. My three day old Raptor has slight fog already