Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...It's amazing how much more reasonable dealers become after Crystal is on the case! She helped me out a while back and it made a huge difference. I have said it before and will say it again, we are lucky to have her on FRF.

...We are VERY lucky to have Crystal cruising the forum looking for guys having trouble. I haven't ever received the customer service from another automobile manufacturer like I have with Ford thus far. I hope it continues!

Thanks, guys! I'm lucky to be here; helping out has been my pleasure. Happy New Year! :)

Crystal

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

So the dealer told me they tightened everything up but the clunk still exists. Apparently everything was up to spec except the lower control arms which weren't quite tight enough. They basically used the TSB for shock noise to blanket my issue and say there isn't a safety concern so they aren't going to do anything about it. I ordered new lower shock bolts and nuts about two weeks ago so I'm probably going to get the mid perch mod done and have the new bolts and nuts installed as well. Might see if SDHQ can do it if we end up driving out to Cali for spring break. Hopefully that will take care of the noise. I didn't have high hopes of the dealer fixing the noise. And the stains on the bumper, flares and other body issues are either on me or on the original dealer who I purchased it from. Ford decided not to do anything. Oh well. The original dealer won't work with me at all so looks like I'll be trying never dull on the bumper to see if I can get rid of the stains. Really disappointed. Dealer told me they would throw parts at it and make sure the problem got fixed and then didn't have the balls to call me and tell me themselves. Ended up hearing from the regional manager instead. Lesson learned. Time for some mods!

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think the original dealer should do?

They should have covered the costs for the bumper at least. They weren't even open to trusting another dealer in discussing the issues with them. Front flares have stains, bumper has stains, black plastic between doors is scratched to hell from them hand washing it with dirty rags or whatever the hell their detail people do. The truck shouldn't have so many swirls, scratches in plastic or stains on the bumper and flares before I even ever hand wash it first myself. The dealer was in Georgia. If it wouldn't have been such a long drive down after being up for 12 hours before even leaving I probably would have done a better job looking the truck over.

D

Deleted member 12951

I thought that one thread talked about using some Turtle product and took the stains out, have you tried that?

I think we all are over protective when we first get our Raptor on how clean and shiny and hopefully how the paint looks then you go on about 3 raptor runs and all things go to shit. I used to be OCD about that stuff and quickly got over it, doesn't bother me at all now.

At the very least, I would think the selling dealer should at least reimburse you to take it somewhere of your choice to get the truck detailed out to remove what they caused. But their out is you should of checked over it at delivery and said something or at least get it noted on some paperwork.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that one thread talked about using some Turtle product and took the stains out, have you tried that?

I think we all are over protective when we first get our Raptor on how clean and shiny and hopefully how the paint looks then you go on about 3 raptor runs and all things go to shit. I used to be OCD about that stuff and quickly got over it, doesn't bother me at all now.

At the very least, I would think the selling dealer should at least reimburse you to take it somewhere of your choice to get the truck detailed out to remove what they caused. But their out is you should of checked over it at delivery and said something or at least get it noted on some paperwork.

I picked up a can of Never Dull earlier today. Plan on doing a full detail on the truck tomorrow and adding a paint sealant. Will probably try the Never Dull on a small part of the bumper and see what it does. I'm extremely ocd with my stuff. I literally have logged every gallon of gas I've burnt in my Streetbike since it was new, my 14 Chevy and the Raptor and I've got three ring binders for everything related to each vehicle. For what we have planned for the Raptor eventually some unwanted pinstriping will be a part of life. I'm just pissed with what I discovered wrong with the truck when I got home. I haven't even physically touched the truck yet and there is already crap wrong. I'm going to see how the Never Dull works tomorrow if I get around to testing it and go from there.

speudey7

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has found a fix for this issue yet? I recently purchased a 2014 that has the same problems. Didn't think it was much of an issue when I purchased it, but it has turned in to one! Have tried everything I could think of and no luck yet. Any pointers would be appreciated.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

speudey7

Reaction score
Yep, I had a can of nevr-dull laying around and gave it all the elbow grease I had, no luck at all. Tried several rubbing compounds, buffer wheel, you name it. I think at this point my only option is to have it re-painted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter