GEN 2 Has anyone Coyote swapped a Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think Ford IDS allowed the code changes needed. I've been told IDS is locked down pretty tight as to what can be changed. Isn't it pretty much "choose from this list of options" and that's it? Can you manually enter Hex values into all of the computer modules with IDS?

And in the end, can you really do it legally in California? Given all the emission requirements? I'm sure you are quite aware of the lawsuit that SCT owners just got hit with.

The IDS is limited to some extent, but I'd be willing to bet we could as-built it as another vehicle to get the bulk done, and Forscan/HPTuners it from there. Our shop has been very successful with retrofits like this. I recently did massaging seats from a platinum F150 into a Raptor, that was a HUGE undertaking.

You could do it 100% Legal in California as long as the engine is one model year newer than the model year of the truck.

Example: a 2017 Raptor with a 2018 F150 5.0 Engine.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is a swap into a 3.5 GT engine out of the question? Screw the cam phasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather have a 3.5HO w/ fully forged rotating assembly (shared w/ the GT supercar) than a coyote V8, blower or not

Why not put bigger snails on it instead w/ some cooling/fueling upgrades?