GEN 2 Has anyone Coyote swapped a Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JumpMaster82d

Reaction score
Looking into swapping my 18' SCREW Raptor with a Coyote with a VMP blower. Has anybody done it yet?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody has done it. I don't think it can be done 100%. I doubt anyone will be able to make the Raptor's electronic "stuff" work with a different engine and PCM. Even if you figured out the hardware changes, the dealer won't/can't do the software changes with IDS- and I know Forscan cannot make the vast amount of software mods needed. So it's full on custom software at that point- good luck with that. Best thing to do is get a 2018 5.0L 4WD and convert it as much as you can into a Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone went the other way (put the 3.5L eco into a Gen 1), but I have not heard of someone putting a V8 in the Gen 2. The 3.5L swap was a lot of work, but they got it going and proved it could be a pretty capable truck before the Gen 2s were available.

Brad is probably the only one who has the $$$ to do it and he already has more than $50K into his Gen 2 without swapping the motor.

Last edited:

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw an article of a 5.0 coyote I believe 2016 that they swapped all the suspension and body parts to look exactly like a raptor, However it had a v8 and 785 hp supercharged. The only down side is that you would lose your re-inforced frame, but that could be addressed in the aftermarket

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out YouTube, PAXPOWER does the conversions.
He also mentions in the video, that it would be way to hard or impossible, because of the electronics and modules being set up for 6 cylinder turbo. Better off starting with 5.0 pickup as stated by @EricM.