GEN 2 Has anyone changed the red sterring wheel strip to blue on 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've looked at a few kits but appears there more stitching on the new models steeling wheel. Or am I just over complicating something simple (other than I want blue).

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I seen a guy on here replace the leather strip on his gen1 steering wheel, are the gen 2's stitched differently, is it not just an overlay and stitched underneath? Sounds like a good idea to change the color.

OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems that the 2nd gen if not latest of the 2nd gen have a fancy stitch with multi passes vs the old where you could just cut three slots in the old to get it out/off.

I’d go down stairs and take a pic, but I’m upstairs recovering from knee replacement surgery. Sux, not even 3k on the odo and it’s sat right below me, yet “out of reach” For almost 2 weeks now.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems that the 2nd gen if not latest of the 2nd gen have a fancy stitch with multi passes vs the old where you could just cut three slots in the old to get it out/off.

I’d go down stairs and take a pic, but I’m upstairs recovering from knee replacement surgery. Sux, not even 3k on the odo and it’s sat right below me, yet “out of reach” For almost 2 weeks now.
I hear ya, had acl replaced 2 months ago, takes a bit of time to get back to normal.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For changing the color of a tiny strip worth a try to use acrylic leather paint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc