Hardwiring a radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cusenation7

Reaction score
I'm purchasing a Valentine 1. I'm looking to mount it by the review mirror. I'd like to hardwire it so it will turn on and off with ignition. Any specific instructions for the 2017 F150 Raptor available online? I've found videos on YouTube but they are outdated or different vehicles. I don't wanna pull out the wrong fuse or mess up the wiring. Anyone come across a detailed instruction guide?

OP
OP
Cusenation7

Cusenation7

Reaction score
Granted, but is the placement of the fuse box any different than the 2016 model? I suppose if it's the same then the process would be similar?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Literally took me 20 seconds to find this:

MirrorTap Radar Detector Power Cords

Doesn't anyone know how to use the internet anymore? I mean, I ******* hate computers and this was such an easy search. They probably have some stuff for the 2016/2017 F150. It's basically the same truck except for wider fenders and some glued on stuff, so it should work.......

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Literally took me 20 seconds to find this:

MirrorTap Radar Detector Power Cords

Doesn't anyone know how to use the internet anymore? I mean, I ******* hate computers and this was such an easy search. They probably have some stuff for the 2016/2017 F150. It's basically the same truck except for wider fenders and some glued on stuff, so it should work.......

I run the mirror and Blendmount in everything I have.
BlendMount ****** Beltronics | Valentine One| K40 | Cobra Radar Detector Mounts | GoPro DashCam

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has Valentine done anything new with there radars?

The new cars with there stupid K Band radars sets my detractor off all the ******** time..

@Money2536 may be able to answer any further questions, He did the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLDFEXiMJAg&t

You can call Valentine and they will help you program them so they ignore the new radar bands coming off of all the semis and cars with the accident avoidance systems. Takes about 5 minutes and fixes the issue.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can call Valentine and they will help you program them so they ignore the new radar bands coming off of all the semis and cars with the accident avoidance systems. Takes about 5 minutes and fixes the issue.

Ah sweet did not know if they were still doing updates to theirs or not.

Plan on getting a new radar once the Gen2 comes in, paird with a blinder jammer.