Happy to be joining the family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm thrilled to finally be able to say this...I have officially joined the Raptor family! A Raptor has been my dream truck since they debuted and I came across one that was too good of a deal to pass up.

My brother-in-law is a manager at a local dealership and took in a 2013 with 66,000 miles. Apparently the previous owner claimed the engine "failed" and his company was going to replace the engine for him since it was his work truck. When he found out the engine swap would take months, he decided to trade it in. So my brother-in-law had Ford put a brand new 6.2L in it and sent me a text to see if I was interested.

After a week of persuading my wife (didn't take too much as she knew it was my dream and she owed me for trading my '04 FX4 in on her SUV a year ago), I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Ford Raptor with a brand new engine for $32,000 (my brother-in-law hooked me up obviously as it blue booked for 36ish).

From what I can tell it has every option other than the front camera. No major plans for the truck aside from tint, a good muffler with some grumble (I'm open to opinions), and some rigid fog lights and possible light bar.

From what I can tell, the shocks may need rebuilt sometime soonish as the truck seems to not absorb little road bumps I'd expect it too and it does seem a little floaty. I did talk to the previous owner who said that he noticed the truck doing that after he put on new BFG KO2s on in November which put my mind at ease. I'd love to hear your guys' input though.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I'm happy to be here!

20200501_182546.jpg

20200501_182559.jpg