HammerHead Steering Wheel in CF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

The Future of Custom Steering Wheels
Reaction score
So it sounds like you are able/willing to try to match colors. It looks like I'm going to end up with a Leadfoot with the Recaro interior. I'm guessing you'd be able to come up a color that is close to the Recaro blue in the seats?

Able = probably
Willing = $$

For any color match, whether fiber or wood, we need a target. For body colors there is a paint code from which we can spray out the body color and go to work. For colors without codes, we need a physical sample, in this case, a leather swatch.
We would work from that and then send a sample(s) for approval.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Reaction score
No one showed privates. They inputted them.

Wait, that doesn't sound better.

Anyway, these steering wheels look spectacular. I think I need to wait a bit longer though before spending that kind of money. I've had my truck less than a year, and should save some upgrades for when I've got a serious itch to improve things.

Thank you melvimbe for your positive review.

Perhaps a 'spectacular' wood interior would get your juices flowing.

Coming soon...

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Reaction score
It's just my opinion, but I don't think the recaros and steering wheel need to be an exact match. Shades of blue, again my opinion, tend not to clash badly for whatever reason. Shades of other colors, red, green, yellow,etc, due tend to clash. As an example, I don't think Velocity Blue and Performance blue clash, but Ruby red and Race Red do clash.

A couple of quick thoughts -

The warp and woof of the fiber weave will always yield differing visuals depending on angle of light and angle of viewing. Lighter and darker pattern.
So, what we are after when match a solid color, whether paint or leather, is a strong family resemblance to the target, not to get lost in the pattern's inherent differences. Forest & Trees.

Regarding the two reds. -

these really are apples and oranges.
Ruby Red (RR) - is 3-stage pearl with special toner, producing a 'maroon' red pearl.
Race Red (PQ) - is a single stage solid color bulletin red.

No family resemblance, except the word 'Red' in each.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A couple of quick thoughts -

The warp and woof of the fiber weave will always yield differing visuals depending on angle of light and angle of viewing. Lighter and darker pattern.
So, what we are after when match a solid color, whether paint or leather, is a strong family resemblance to the target, not to get lost in the pattern's inherent differences. Forest & Trees.

Regarding the two reds. -

these really are apples and oranges.
Ruby Red (RR) - is 3-stage pearl with special toner, producing a 'maroon' red pearl.
Race Red (PQ) - is a single stage solid color bulletin red.

No family resemblance, except the word 'Red' in each.

Well said. I no nothing about color/design, but it's good to know that you guys do. Will definitely keep you guys in mind when I'm ready for an upgrade.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Reaction score
It should at least have a fleshlight mounted on it for that kind of money!

Dear OF,
We didn't read your earlier post clearly about lights.

Not a flashlight, but flashing lights, i.e., an LED shift indicator insert for the top of the carbon fiber in the Raptor wheel. Everything worked at set RPMs, but we stepped away the project.Hammerhead-LEDs.jpg

Out of curiosity, is anyone interested in something like this?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear OF,
We didn't read your earlier post clearly about lights.

Not a flashlight, but flashing lights, i.e., an LED shift indicator insert for the top of the carbon fiber in the Raptor wheel. Everything worked at set RPMs, but we stepped away the project.View attachment 145337

Out of curiosity, is anyone interested in something like this?

That would be cool.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Reaction score
We've been discussing a group buy for some of our Raptor carbon fiber products, including steering wheels & trim.
It was brought to our attention, that we didn't have an official vendor space set aside for Rau Racing Wheels.
That's almost complete, and when it is we'll go forward with that GB.

Thanks for your patience.

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Reaction score
Group Sale will be posted tomorrow (Saturday), for carbon fiber steering wheels, both 1-piece and 2-piece.
Carbon fiber trim will also be listed.

According to our understanding of protocol, it will be listed in the Garage Sale section.

Thanks for your interest.
See you there!