Gunner212

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing to the thread in a professional and respectful manner. And as far as what you said about the fire not being a isolated incident, if you take the time to watch the video and listen to what gunner212 said, after the raptor burned flat he received several messages from other raptor owners who have had this happen. Now what is " several", it could be 2 or it could be 10, but it is not a isolated incident. And the thread was not started to " troll" the ford raptor as I am on my second raptor and I love the truck, but I was just trying to share knowledge of what happened in Canada to make people aware and thought somebody on the forum might have experienced this, as I have heard of raptors having a fire issue but I like the truck so much I really did not pay to much attention to it.

As far as the responses to the thread goes, I have to be honest I have been on Ford Mustang forums, other F 150 forums, and other vehicle manufacturing forums and I have never seen or heard owners of a particular vehicle get so defensive about a car or truck when it comes to discussing the good points or bad points, although the ford raptor has very few " bad points" if any. Both threads had nothing to do with trolling the raptor or putting it down, they were more about hearing from other raptor owners rather than watching you tube videos of people taking them for a 1 day demo.

It is really a shame that people's ego's get so hurt if you don't only praise the raptor or if you mention that you might go into a different vehicle. There are some awesome raptor owners on this forum, but there are also some very sensitive and fragile raptor owners on this forum that think so close minded it really is sad.

Nice picture, and very well said. Unfortunately there some very fragile raptors owners on this forum who like pounding their chests and say look at me. You have to be very careful not to saying anything negative or even critique in a construct way because egos get bruised.

Well said and I agree. Very impressive GT 500 with 800 rwhp. Thats getting into nascar HP. And yes I do love my ruby red metallic raptor, I just do not feel like I am able to utilize it for what it is living on the east coast. No hate.

You really should learn to use the multi quote feature

Wickkid

Reaction score
Well said and I agree. Very impressive GT 500 with 800 rwhp. Thats getting into nascar HP. And yes I do love my ruby red metallic raptor, I just do not feel like I am able to utilize it for what it is living on the east coast. No hate.

Either you love to drive it, or you don't. No matter, it's just another machine we big kids get to play with. Damn, I think they fly through the dirt fine right out of the box. Never understood all the expensive mods, but that's just me. Love to drive in the dirt and this toy is one of the most fun to do so. Grew up my Dad built dune buggies. He put together the first Mint 400 course. Guess I just breathed too much desert dust as a lad.

IF you have a Raptor enjoy it. If you don't, get rid of it and find what turns your crank.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either you love to drive it, or you don't. No matter, it's just another machine we big kids get to play with. Damn, I think they fly through the dirt fine right out of the box. Never understood all the expensive mods, but that's just me. Love to drive in the dirt and this toy is one of the most fun to do so. Grew up my Dad built dune buggies. He put together the first Mint 400 course. Guess I just breathed too much desert dust as a lad.

IF you have a Raptor enjoy it. If you don't, get rid of it and find what turns your crank.

Well said. I agree. Thank you. It sounds like you live in a area where you can really utilize it for what it was built for. Congratulations.

Wickkid

Reaction score
Well said. I agree. Thank you. It sounds like you live in a area where you can really utilize it for what it was built for. Congratulations.

I'm in Colorado so I do get to do some pretty cool offroading. Not the same as in the desert going fast, but do that when I visit family in Vegas. She loves the dirt, snow, rocks, whatever. Even on the street she is a fun truck to drive. I've had dozens of trucks and this one is more fun and purposeful than any of the others. Done with sports cars. Don't like being down next to road and no space inside. Even if I didn't have any dirt to drive in, this still is a beautiful ride.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Colorado so I do get to do some pretty cool offroading. Not the same as in the desert going fast, but do that when I visit family in Vegas. She loves the dirt, snow, rocks, whatever. Even on the street she is a fun truck to drive. I've had dozens of trucks and this one is more fun and purposeful than any of the others. Done with sports cars. Don't like being down next to road and no space inside. Even if I didn't have any dirt to drive in, this still is a beautiful ride.

Year ?

Color ?

Wickkid

Reaction score
2013 Blue Flame. I'm personally stuck on Gen 1 for now cuz I love the V8. Can't get away from the way the Beast rumbles then growls when I accelerate. I love the blue cuz it stands out. Not a fan of the black, white or red trucks. Nothing against them, again, to each their own. Hell, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about all that other stuff. Every machine has some issues. Just how it is with mechanical things. If you like the way it looks, the way it drives and way it makes you feel... just drive it. It doesn't matter if you're using it for what it was specifically designed for. It's a totally bitchin machine. Why drive something that any soccer mom (nothing specifically against soccer moms) would drive. These are beasts and only a few get to experience driving them regularly. They do not like to sit around not getting to play.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Blue Flame. I'm personally stuck on Gen 1 for now cuz I love the V8. Can't get away from the way the Beast rumbles then growls when I accelerate. I love the blue cuz it stands out. Not a fan of the black, white or red trucks. Nothing against them, again, to each their own. Hell, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about all that other stuff. Every machine has some issues. Just how it is with mechanical things. If you like the way it looks, the way it drives and way it makes you feel... just drive it. It doesn't matter if you're using it for what it was specifically designed for. It's a totally bitchin machine. Why drive something that any soccer mom (nothing specifically against soccer moms) would drive. These are beasts and only a few get to experience driving them regularly. They do not like to sit around not getting to play.

I'm sorry, that was your picture on the first post with the blue raptor. Yep, I love the blue and I do not blame you at all about the V-8 ! Mine is a 2019 ruby red metallic. The ruby red is my favorite, with the blue being second.

I see you are in the mountains. Mule deer and Elk country ?

Wickkid

Reaction score
Great to own a Raptor in your favorite color. Of the reds I do like the Ruby Metallic. A bit of a candy apple to it.

Colorado Springs on the foothills of the Rockies. Yep, dozens of Mulies in the yard every day. Cruised up to Estes Park a few weeks ago and saw herds of Elk in the hundreds.

Out on a frozen lake a couple weeks ago in Iowa doing some ice-hole diving. She loved the ice and snow almost as much as the dirt.

20190208_154226_resized.jpg 52668761_10216744519737748_3060385943266525184_o.jpg