Gunner212

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI there,

First off before I get into this , this thread is not about trolling. As most of you know I am on my second raptor and absolutely love the truck. Although due to where I live I have been thinking about opting out of the raptor and into a LX 570. Well I tried the LX 570 out a couple of weeks ago for the third time and guess what ? I am still in the raptor, although still thinking about the change.

I have already been told to leave the forum and that's ok, I still love the raptor. Although one of the youtube channels I follow posted some real scary news about a persons mishap with his raptor. Go onto gunner212 on you tube and check out what just happened to his raptor. Now keep in mind his youtube channel is all about the raptor and he is on his second Raptor, and he is a great spokesperson for the raptor in Canada.

Again watch this video. It really is sad what happened to his truck and if somebody had been sitting the truck or he would have been 60 seconds earlier leaving his house, he would not be here right now. This truck was not tuned, but did have a borla exhaust, which he never links to the mishap.

This has me seriously thinking again, especially when he says this is happening to other raptor owners.

Keep in mind, this guy was as enthusiastic as you could be about a ford raptor.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it ive seen his vids, but really is it a factory problem my gen1 came from the factory with the harness rubbing and draining battery. He did mess with a lot of stuff on that truck just sayin...but what it comes down to is insurance. Car and truck fires happen everyday manufactures of all makes and models. It would be hard to get that data but for what ever reason im sure its happened at one point or another in history.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it ive seen his vids, but really is it a factory problem my gen1 came from the factory with the harness rubbing and draining battery. He did mess with a lot of stuff on that truck just sayin...but what it comes down to is insurance. Car and truck fires happen everyday manufactures of all makes and models. It would be hard to get that data but for what ever reason im sure its happened at one point or another in history.

I agree. I really hope he had insurance and I assume even in Canada it would still be under the factory OEM warranty, which means the truck should be replaced with no cost to him.

Still pretty scary.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see the transition from Ford Raptor to an LX 570... or Lexus anything for that matter. Seems your choice of the Raptor was out of character for you, and you are just reverting back to the mean with your desire for a Lexus.

Performance vehicle owners don’t transition to the most mundane manufacturer in the market over the last 20 years.

Maybe a Raptor owner would want to transition to a Porsche, or other German performance car sedan, a GT350/500... maybe a Corvette or other simi exotic/rare vehicle. Not a Toyota!

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see the transition from Ford Raptor to an LX 570... or Lexus anything for that matter. Seems your choice of the Raptor was out of character for you, and you are just reverting back to the mean with your desire for a Lexus.

Performance vehicle owners don’t transition to the most mundane manufacturer in the market over the last 20 years.

Maybe a Raptor owner would want to transition to a Porsche, or other German performance car sedan, a GT350/500... maybe a Corvette or other simi exotic/rare vehicle. Not a Toyota!

YOU NAILED IT. I agree with, although I have owned several performance sedans in the past and a few corvettes. As of right now I own a 2017 GT 350 as well. But when you hit 50, some people change. And do not get me wrong, I love the ford raptor, that is what is making this so hard, but again when you hit 50 you start looking at things differently and appreciate longevity a little more vs. high strung performance.

Although Lexus does produce some very high performance sports cars ; LFA, GSF, RCF, AND ISF.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is NO WAY his truck would be covered under the OEM Warranty given the amount of work he had done to it. If you had followed his
page for a while, you'd know all that he's done to it, and you'd also know that he was in the process of putting on a widebody fender kit when
the fire occurred. So, with that said, it was probably caused by a loose wire or and electrical part making a spark that started the fire. I would
bet it had something to do with the project he had underway......

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is NO WAY his truck would be covered under the OEM Warranty given the amount of work he had done to it. If you had followed his
page for a while, you'd know all that he's done to it, and you'd also know that he was in the process of putting on a widebody fender kit when
the fire occurred. So, with that said, it was probably caused by a loose wire or and electrical part making a spark that started the fire. I would
bet it had something to do with the project he had underway......

You could be right, although I didn't think the modifications he did to it would void his OEM warranty.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Kid ignoramus already posted this earlier under one her aliases.

Statistically speaking, what are the odds of any one person having this happen to them? Obviously to allegedly (not really a) gunner212, it’s about 100%. but for the rest of us, it’s pretty close to zero.

is it any higher than makers of other marques?

is it even worth anything other than an anecdotal horror story?

lastly, if the opening sentence of your FRF post is:
First off before I get into this , this thread is not about trolling

you have to really take a hard look at what you’re thinking about because it’s a pretty high bar to be called a troll on FRF.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU NAILED IT. I agree with, although I have owned several performance sedans in the past and a few corvettes. As of right now I own a 2017 GT 350 as well. But when you hit 50, some people change. And do not get me wrong, I love the ford raptor, that is what is making this so hard, but again when you hit 50 you start looking at things differently and appreciate longevity a little more vs. high strung performance.

Although Lexus does produce some very high performance sports cars ; LFA, GSF, RCF, AND ISF.

I'm the exact opposite. I've always loved performance vehicles and the nice things in life, but on the verge of turning 50 this Summer, my appetite for even more performance grows
with my salary......Just bought my 1st Raptor, and my next step is to either build a '68 GT500 Eleanor restomod variant or buy an upcoming GT500 if they are as good as the hype....

Out of the cars you listed, I'd agree that Lexus does produce reliable, long lasting vehicles, but I would only put the LFA in a very high performance category. The RCF and ISF do step up the performance above the 350's, but the GSF is a bloated, overweight sports sedan on par with those oversized Chevy Impala's from the turn of the century. The V8 in it is not very exciting.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I've always loved performance vehicles and the nice things in life, but on the verge of turning 50 this Summer, my appetite for even more performance grows
with my salary......Just bought my 1st Raptor, and my next step is to either build a '68 GT500 Eleanor restomod variant or buy an upcoming GT500 if they are as good as the hype....

Out of the cars you listed, I'd agree that Lexus does produce reliable, long lasting vehicles, but I would only put the LFA in a very high performance category. The RCF and ISF do step up the performance above the 350's, but the GSF is a bloated, overweight sports sedan on par with those oversized Chevy Impala's from the turn of the century. The V8 in it is not very exciting.

You think the RCF and ISF are more performance than a GT 350 ? Really ?