GROUP BUY: MBRP Turn Down WITH Resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Vash said WOT is wicked! I may end up having an exhaust shop fab up a short pipe to dump the exhaust over the rear axle just to see how it sounds.

Do you think dynamatting the underside of the bed above the turndown would help at all?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're probably better of insulating the rear wall of the cab, but as long as the dynomat or whatever is heat resistant it probably wouldn't hurt to do the bottom of the bed. I'm fine with the turndown as is, but if I really wanted to get rid of the echo I'd just run a pipe out in front of the rear tire just like the lightning style exhausts out there or run piping for a traditional side exit behind the rear wheel like stock.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the Dynamat would do much, if anything at all. This exhaust definitely hits the low frequency registers. When I use the remote start, it's sometimes easier to hear/feel that it's started from inside my house/job than it is outside at a distance. The first day I drove it to work, I remote started it before the end of the day and a co-worker said "oh shit" because he thought it was thunder and going to rain.

I don't notice any drone from the exhaust at all, but that's not to say it's not loud. Around town on the street it's loud during acceleration, but REALLY quiets down when you're at a cruise (under 1500rpm). On the freeway it's basically the same, but once you're in 6th and start getting past 65mph/1500rpm, you're going to start hearing it.

I've had it installed for nearly a week now. I like it, but I don't love it. As mentioned, the WOT sound is wicked... it sounds like a race truck. The sound during normal or moderate acceleration is pretty good, but you have to get into the throttle pretty hard to make it sound awesome. I'm a huge fan of a Flowmaster exhaust, but the word Flowmaster is typically synonymous with drone and I didn't want that in this truck. With that said, for the price I don't think there's any kit available that can rival this system.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife doesn't seem to mind the exhaust. She still falls asleep on long drives, however, she jumps up in her seat as soon as I inevitably floor it to pass some ******* driving slow in the left lane or unable to stay in their lane.

I passed one person the other day who merged slowly onto the highway. I looked in my rear view only to see that they had immediately pulled to the side of the road and stopped their vehicle. Coincidence? My wife contends that they heard my truck and shit themselves. Who knows.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife doesn't seem to mind the exhaust. She still falls asleep on long drives, however, she jumps up in her seat as soon as I inevitably floor it to pass some ******* driving slow in the left lane or unable to stay in their lane.

Haha... sounds like me! Then they try to push the envelope by speeding up after you pass them. I absolutely hate drivers that are oblivious to what's happening around them and it seems like that's most people on the road these days.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone else interested let us know asap so we can push this next order through!

Achtung667

Reaction score
I'm interested but am strapped for cash at the moment. Maybe in a couple weeks. Possibly on the 4th group if it happens. Does this come with the straight pipe and resonator? Or just the resonator pipe?