Got Invited to a Trail Trip Raptors Can't Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trails around Shaver will eat the Raptors rockers, rear corners and skids.

This is my junk on Brewer and it runs 37s, this is an old pic when it was mostly stock (other than AiROCK, cage and trimmed front bumper). The Raptor would likely have it's steps ripped off and the rockers mashed and tail whooped.

randyspics206smallza3.jpg

I'll keep my Raptor for the wide desert stuff and the Jeep for the rest.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And that assumes the Raptor can fit between the trees :)

Andy's right, the running boards would be destroyed and the brackets badly damaged (trust me on this one :) ). Rockers would be "mashed" and the tail "whooped" (damaged bumper for sure). There are other concerns including the front end (the Raptor's front overhang is a bit long for rock crawling) and a complete lack of protective skidplates underneath. Some expensive stuff is underneath the Raptor ;)

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
X2 bBig J....or I will drive Phil's Raptor in the lead and he can drive mine after I plow the way ;)

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm there (on the Dusy, not other, tougher rock trails around there)! I have to get the Raptor in my hands, first. I also want to put something in the front diff. Oh - and I think I'll go ahead and drive mine (unless someone wants to loan me theirs so I can prove my point with their Raptor).

Then again, I was thinking about width this whole time. Andy and Dan bring up good points about approach and departure angles and ground clearance. You'd think I had enough experience to listen to owners, not almost owners like me who don't own the truck yet.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get a pic of a bunch of Raptors at the top of Chicken Rock. Hmmm I wonder if we could get one on Swamp to do Rooster Rock lol

richie

Reaction score
the raptor was never designed to be a rock crawler,anyone who has tried that owns one knows what im talking about.
its made for high speed semi tore up terrain.
my tailpipe was the first to go then my trailer plug then my bedsides at the bumper,running boards have taken a beating as well as some other body parts.[skid plates!]

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course you guys are right regarding the rock crawling (in)abilities of the Raptor. But... I seem to recall a certain Moab trip...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Not sayin its a good idea... just sayin...

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All things are possible (especially if its not *my* Raptor) <evil grin>