Tennessee run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor Mountain Run

Run Details:

Date: Saturday November 18, 2017
Time: 11am-?
Cost: n/a

We will be meeting at 11am in the parking lot of the*
Comfort Inn Powell - North Knoxville
7585 Barnett Way
Powell, TN 37849
(meeting point may change)

The trail head is about 30 minutes north of Knoxville TN. We pre-ran this trail a couple weeks ago, it was a lot of fun. The trail has various types of terrain that include technical sections to the wide open “flats” at the top where you can get some speed. There will be some tight spots with trees, and there will be mud (all large water areas can be avoided). This run is not just for Raptors. Anyone with a capable vehicle is welcome to join us.

The plan is to run/climb the mountain on Saturday. Start time is 11am and we expect it to take approximately 4-6 hours depending on number of trucks. Plan to bring food and have lunch on the mountain. In the event that it takes less time there are a number of other trails in the area that we can explore if anyone wants.

I have included hotel information for the Comfort Inn - North Knoxville where we will be meeting on Saturday morning. This is also the hotel we recommend if anyone plans to stay Friday or Saturday night. Matt and I along with a couple others will be in town Friday-Sunday.

*As with all of our runs there is the possibility that images of the group and/or the trucks will be used in a magazine. If anyone is uncomfortable with this please let me know in advance and we will avoid taking shots of you.*

We did a similar run in TN back in March of this year. If you'd like more info on terrain check out the article in OffRoad Xtreme of our last run.
http://www.offroadxtreme.com/event-coverage/a-raptors-purpose-are-raptors-any-good-in-the-rocks/

0d006db7e07afb657f191558494f90c9.jpge49a5a1cb27fbd718d4c4ec0651205d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can mud be avoided? I don't mind getting dirty, but I mind getting mud in shit, namely oil seals.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can mud be avoided? I don't mind getting dirty, but I mind getting mud in shit, namely oil seals.
I can't guarantee you won't get muddy. The large water holes can be avoided but if you are trying to avoid mud altogether this might not be the best run for you. If it rains on the east coast mud is about all we got!

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't guarantee you won't get muddy. The large water holes can be avoided but if you are trying to avoid mud altogether this might not be the best run for you. If it rains on the east coast mud is about all we got!

Tell me about it...lol
Reading the article, there was a guy last time with 0 experience.
I have *some* experience, but it's mostly trail riding, with a little bit of rock crawling.

Is this a group that would have fun with a noob? I would hate to be a downer for experienced guys by bringing a slower pace or asking tons of questions.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it...lol
Reading the article, there was a guy last time with 0 experience.
I have *some* experience, but it's mostly trail riding, with a little bit of rock crawling.

Is this a group that would have fun with a noob? I would hate to be a downer for experienced guys by bringing a slower pace or asking tons of questions.
We are a super laid back group. Don't worry about slowing anybody down. The reality of the east coast is that we're not going to be going fast most of the time anyway. The flats area is the best place to get some speed and we'll all probably be watching each other do laps in that area. Questions are always welcome. These runs are about the social aspect as much as the off roading. Be happy to have you.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are a super laid back group. Don't worry about slowing anybody down. The reality of the east coast is that we're not going to be going fast most of the time anyway. The flats area is the best place to get some speed and we'll all probably be watching each other do laps in that area. Questions are always welcome. These runs are about the social aspect as much as the off roading. Be happy to have you.

Is there a better source for last-minute meeting info than this thread?
I'm 70% good for this right now. Just depends on work, mostly. I think this would be a blast.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a better source for last-minute meeting info than this thread?
I'm 70% good for this right now. Just depends on work, mostly. I think this would be a blast.
Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell if you want. Or if your on Facebook my wife started an event page there.

Beallen25

Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this a couple weeks earlier! Next weekend will be tight for me but I'd love to make it up there. Plus my shocks need rebuilt in a bad way, but maybe I can make it and just putt around for the day.

What is the name of the Event Page on Facebook you mentioned?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this a couple weeks earlier! Next weekend will be tight for me but I'd love to make it up there. Plus my shocks need rebuilt in a bad way, but maybe I can make it and just putt around for the day.

What is the name of the Event Page on Facebook you mentioned?
Lol my shocks died long ago and the springs are on their way now. Where in the SEC do y'all get your shocks rebuilt???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk