Tennessee run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this a couple weeks earlier! Next weekend will be tight for me but I'd love to make it up there. Plus my shocks need rebuilt in a bad way, but maybe I can make it and just putt around for the day.

What is the name of the Event Page on Facebook you mentioned?
Here is the link on Facebook for any who may want it. My shocks are ready for a rebuild as well. I'm not going to be able to get to mine until after the run. They'll be fine. Maybe. Lol. Let me know if you can make it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1151376618332094/?ti=cl

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Beallen25

Reaction score
Lol my shocks died long ago and the springs are on their way now. Where in the SEC do y'all get your shocks rebuilt???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I went ahead and bought all the equipment needed to rebuild them myself, just haven't had the time to tear into them yet. Figured if it goes smooth I might rebuild some for people in the area since there aren't many shops that will do it in my area. I got told by one of the more reputable Off Road shops here locally that Raptor shock were not rebuild-able... so I am obviously not letting them touch the thing.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought all the equipment needed to rebuild them myself, just haven't had the time to tear into them yet. Figured if it goes smooth I might rebuild some for people in the area since there aren't many shops that will do it in my area. I got told by one of the more reputable Off Road shops here locally that Raptor shock were not rebuild-able... so I am obviously not letting them touch the thing.
They're not hard. Just follow the DIY rebuild thread on here and it won't take long. Not much to it really once you have a chance to figure it out.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me to hit up Spyder off-road in Memphis but I haven't gotten around to it yet, might give em a quick call to find out.

Seems like there's a good bit of equipment involved, from nitrogen tanks to all the parts lol

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me to hit up Spyder off-road in Memphis but I haven't gotten around to it yet, might give em a quick call to find out.

Seems like there's a good bit of equipment involved, from nitrogen tanks to all the parts lol

The tools are the largest up front cost but the rebuild process is straight forward. The largest cost for most owners when having someone else do it is the shipping and down time. Having a shop that can remove, rebuild, and reinstall same day is ideal but shops that can do that, at least in my area, are few and far between. Most times the cost for a 4 shock rebuild is significantly higher than the one time cost of the tools to do it yourself. Plus once you have the tools your cost is greatly reduced for the next rebuild. If you are going to spend $1000 or more to have your shocks rebuilt then I highly encourage you to consider just upgrading to 3.0 shocks. There are plenty of vendors on here that would be happy to assist with your purchase. Either way though let me know if I can assist in some way. If you decide to stay stock the best thing to do is just get a used set that needs rebuilt and learn on those to minimize cost and down time. If you buy a second set I can show you how to break the shock down and give rebuild tips I have learned along the way. Assuming you make it to the run of course.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the handheld radio you suggested, just in case. I'll let you know closer to the weekend if I'm in or not. Hope I can, because I'm already excited!

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the handheld radio you suggested, just in case. I'll let you know closer to the weekend if I'm in or not. Hope I can, because I'm already excited!
Be great to meet you. If you can't make it no worries. We're already talking about putting something together for January. Possibly at Windrock Off Road. 86c57ff51e62921c6b1982f951cf9075.jpg