Goodyear tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is my daily driver, have 500 miles on my MT/R's, they are louder then stocks for sure. I have been surprised by the wet traction, took them off road twice and love them, but for every day I will be changing to Duratracs for my next tire.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 35x12.50/18 now in the MTR's and have 0 complaints! Great wet traction and off road are like treads! That said the new Toyo's in 37x13.50/18 will be here on Thursday. Just need a little bigger tire. These only have about 10k on them and look almost new.

If the MTR's were in that size I would get a set! Have read really good things about the Toyo's plus I am getting a great deal. New shoes for baby!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not meaning to derail this thread but I have the Toyo OC mt's and I was driving through some of the hardest rain I've ever encountered last week. I was seeing what it would take to get them to hydroplane (hitting standing water at 85) and those mudders would just not do it!

These bad boys have the sound level and wear of an AT tire, performance of a mud tire, and just plain look badass on a Raptor! Love these things.

I feel the same way! Mine had no problems with the rain last week. I've been through some worst stuff a few years ago when the tents at Octoberfest blew over and was going back home. I've been in a truck with the same OEM tires hydroplane with more than 50% thread on them. Good thing there was no one coming in the other lane or I might not be here today.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're on the newer style MT/R. I had the old MT/R that came out in '97 on my old Dodge and found that I loved them in mud but, they might as well have been slicks on wet pavement. The newer design has more sipes in the tread and I'm told is better than the old version on slick surfaces. Recognizing that you've said the Duratracs are better for a mostly street truck, do you think they are significantly better on wet roads than the MT/R?

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

That's good to hear as I'm definitely considering the Toyos in addition to the MT/Rs. No one in town (Houston) seems to stock them in the appropriate size. So, I'm thinking I'll have to order them or the MT/Rs from TireRack or another online vendor if I go with either tire.

Thanks for the input.

Regarding wet surface performance : If we are talking just wet roads they do just ok . I would say they behave predictably as long as you drive like a human. Obviously do to the aggressive tread pattern they just don't have as much rubber on the road.
If we are talking biblical rain I would say these tires will perform better do to the voids being able to displace the water and avoid hydroplaning.
I had my real boss in my truck over the weekend and we transitioned from pavement to dirt at about 60 and got up to about 90 and she could not believe the truck was quieter and how well it road . I just smiled and said yah even at 90 . AT tires would do just fine here as well , they would float a little more , but they would be throwing a shit ton of gravel out of the voids . I am sure all you guys know what I am talking about .
I posted this elsewhere : I had to call Goodyear and confirm black wall available on the MT/R in our stock size . When I purchased mine all the local dealers were saying they were not available in a black wall .
When I call Goodyear they had 7000 just in Ohio alone. Point being had to push them to order from out of state. Good luck

Last edited:

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANYONE running Fierce Attitude MT GOODYEAR? I LIVE IN MUD COUNTRY, they are made for mud. ANY OPINIONS?