Good Year Wrangler Kevlar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoMTVrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cache_933410017.jpg
these are Goodyear Wranglers correct? I don't know who's truck it is but the stance is absolutely sick!

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the regular Goodyear Wrangers DuraTrac's. I need something that will do the Northeast snow and regular road. Kevlar are NOT recommended for most snow conditional per the tire description on their website.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, but what's the deal with the sizes? 35 vs 315? Which would fit on stock rims,2011. Can pop for both rims and new tires right now. Do they clear wheel well at full tilt?

Thanks

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Dura Tracs and out of this world in the sand. I did a bit of research before buying them this past spring. In fact they have done so well in sand I have only ran my paddle tires in the dunes once this year. Used them at Havoc and two wheeled everywhere, amazing how these trucks do. Do have a bit of wear from the rocks on the back. Have not used in snow yet, but heard they do very well.
iqlpRVt5Yc4AoEAhG0-Zh7lZ4eFfVm3sxPo=w191-h205-p-no.jpg
mtMUpVhAT4nD7Y5giZjFSh_9yMAdmSY-8AM=w229-h205-p-no.jpg

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, but what's the deal with the sizes? 35 vs 315? Which would fit on stock rims,2011. Can pop for both rims and new tires right now. Do they clear wheel well at full tilt?

Thanks

315's are basically 35 inches tall, same thing. Some show around 34.5, depends on the brand. Either will go on stock wheels. My current wheels are 1/2 inch wider which gives it a little wider width at the sides.

These are the same size as stock, so should not cause any rubbing issues even if you are on the stock lower perch level. If you co offset wheels like many people do, then you could run into some rubbing.

Chase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my MTR Kevlars. Definitely go with the 315's though. I am on mid perch and have absolutely no problems with clearance during full compression. The ride is also nice and smooth on the road if you don't mind a little extra "music" from your truck.

Attachments

• Raptor 1.jpg
    Raptor 1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 129

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
True 35s are about 1/2" taller than 315s. Both will fit stock wheels and I don't know why the 35s wouldn't clear the stock wheel wells.

Last edited:

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, still leaning towards the regular DuraTrac due to better snow performance and ratings, and better wear rates. Any last thoughts?