GEN 2 Good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorGuyNC

Reaction score
I was quoted $540 to set my front coil overs to mid perch for what they said would be around a 4 hour job - Good price???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
No. Cost me $400 at the stealer to install Geiser springs which is a bigger job. Mid perch can be done compressing springs and drooping without removing shocks.

Kahuna

Reaction score
This is in Gen2 forum and you have a Gen 2? Are you talking spring collar installation?

OP
OP
RaptorGuyNC

RaptorGuyNC

Reaction score
Yes - Gen 2
I brought it to the dealership and asked for a quote to do the mid perch mod and was quoted 4 hours / $540

Kahuna

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "mid perch" setting on 17+ shocks. You need to install a collar. Gen 1s you were able to just move the lower perch up.

OP
OP
RaptorGuyNC

RaptorGuyNC

Reaction score
Hmmm
If that’s true I wonder if the quote is for them to install collars? I’ll have to ask...

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Kahuna is correct - the Gen 2’s (2017+) do not have the perch height adjustability that the Gen 1’s had. You need to purchase a spring perch collar and install those for the Gen 2.

It should take 2 hours or less for a beginner to install the collars.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your dealer doesn't know what they are doing (RED FLAG!!). They are confusing Gen 1 with Gen 2 and trying to ****** you on the labor for what they would do on a Gen 1.