Going to lose it on my dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've found that "losing it" may make you feel better, but it isn't usually effective.

I'd counsel for a calm conversation about their mistake and how disappointed you are with not getting the correct color and see what they have to say.

The other posters are correct. They won't have an issue selling the truck and you'll end up further back in line if you don't accept the truck as built.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Losing it will get you nowhere. If the VIN said AG one day and now MG the other, that could be system issue maybe? I also thought you could change options before the actual build date? Definitely call them and ask nicely to confirm that you're getting AG and if not, ask them to correct it. Keep it simple. If they did make the mistake or changed it by accident, I would ask them to place another order to get the color you want. I've read guys dropping beadlocks, carbon fiber, to just get the truck early. Personally, I would just wait till I got the truck I wanted vs. sacrificing to get it earlier by a couple of months. Don't let the wait (or this forum) make you crazy. Yes, some of us got our trucks but we got lucky. You will get yours soon enough and I guarantee you will forget about the long wait once you drive it off the dealer lot... hang in there!

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
ALWAYS get a confirmation printout after placing a special order. :lol:
#next time

Last edited:

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is an idea. Since the color is messed up see if you can get them under MSRP now. Tell them you still want the truck and that you are disappointed there was a misunderstanding when it comes to the color. Aim large first requesting 3k under MSRP when they counter that offer it should still be under MSRP. Worth a try. Do not under any circumstances pay more then MSRP for this thing if its not the color you wanted. I had similar issue with my GEN1 I wanted a black one and ended up with a blue flame.

OP
OP
Copp5

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've since relaxed since this initial reaction of finding this out... magnetic would have been my 2nd choice.. all and all I'd be happy either way, so far from everything I've found online the truck exceeds all expectations.. I have the original order sheet, nonetheless it's a mistake that shouldn't have happened if they are willing to give on their end the ill feel better about it.. it's the right thing to do, but that's not always the case.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've since relaxed since this initial reaction of finding this out... magnetic would have been my 2nd choice.. all and all I'd be happy either way, so far from everything I've found online the truck exceeds all expectations.. I have the original order sheet, nonetheless it's a mistake that shouldn't have happened if they are willing to give on their end the ill feel better about it.. it's the right thing to do, but that's not always the case.

Yep... tread carefully as you ask them to make up for the mistake. I can picture them not budging as they may feel they can add ADM to your truck and make more money on it. Good luck!

OP
OP
Copp5

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... tread carefully as you ask them to make up for the mistake. I can picture them not budging as they may feel they can add ADM to your truck and make more money on it. Good luck!

Ya I can see it going a variety of ways... when I shop I do a lot of research and I approach it in a no bs way, I originally wrote this dealership off bc they said 7k over... long story short my father is friendly with the owner they got in a convo that I was looking to buy one yada yada, he said they would sell one at sticker price, called me I stopped by made the deal and they wanted to buy my trade in.. sure no problem we've come to a deal u can buy and sell it and make something on it in the meantime.. so I've been driving around one of my shop trucks for the last 3.5 months.. and I'm ready to have a full size truck now

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about you take delivery of the magnetic one when it arrives, drive that for the duration while you wait for the AG one they are going to properly order for you tomorrow?:biggrin: