GEN 2 Going to be installing ICON RXT rear leafs...longer shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing the ICON RXT rear leaf spring kit (thanks for the great service @NEOGARAGE!). I will either be going with Option 2 or Option 3 along with a 1" drop shackle, so I expect to gain somewhere between 1-2" of lift (depending on which option I choose, and how much weight I have in the bed). I don't think I have ever seen anyone mention anything about the shock length in this configuration. Is there any need to get longer shocks because of the lift? Or maybe just limiting straps so that the shock isn't the limiting factor when it comes to droop? What recommendations do you have?

I've got the icon rear leafs in option 2. I did need the 70 dollar bump stop space kit and didn't have any issues. I kept the original shackle and the shock length as what it is from the factory. I have had zero problems. Ended up buying the rpg bump stop kit, from neogarage so if anyone needs the icon spacers pm me.