GEN 2 Going to be installing ICON RXT rear leafs...longer shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing the ICON RXT rear leaf spring kit (thanks for the great service @NEOGARAGE!). I will either be going with Option 2 or Option 3 along with a 1" drop shackle, so I expect to gain somewhere between 1-2" of lift (depending on which option I choose, and how much weight I have in the bed). I don't think I have ever seen anyone mention anything about the shock length in this configuration. Is there any need to get longer shocks because of the lift? Or maybe just limiting straps so that the shock isn't the limiting factor when it comes to droop? What recommendations do you have?

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing the ICON RXT rear leaf spring kit (thanks for the great service @NEOGARAGE!). I will either be going with Option 2 or Option 3 along with a 1" drop shackle, so I expect to gain somewhere between 1-2" of lift (depending on which option I choose, and how much weight I have in the bed). I don't think I have ever seen anyone mention anything about the shock length in this configuration. Is there any need to get longer shocks because of the lift? Or maybe just limiting straps so that the shock isn't the limiting factor when it comes to droop? What recommendations do you have?
You dont need any longer shocks but I would suggest better quality shackles (I went with RPG stock lenght shackles) and Icon Bump extensions and SDHQ new Bump Pads unless you are going with full new Bump setup. Your stock Bump pads will be gone because you will be getting rid off the stock block (bump pad is part of this block) that sits underneath stock leaf springs. If you decide to get better rear shackles DO NOT USE Camburg Stock Lenght Shackles they will touch Icon Leaf Springs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Neogarage should be the one you are asking since they are the vendor who sold you them. If they are in the business to sell them then their advise should be trusted more than anyone else. What did they say?

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont need any longer shocks but I would suggest better quality shackles (I went with RPG stock lenght shackles) and Icon Bump extensions and SDHQ new Bump Pads unless you are going with full new Bump setup. Your stock Bump pads will be gone because you will be getting rid off the stock block (bump pad is part of this block) that sits underneath stock leaf springs. If you decide to get better rear shackles DO NOT USE Camburg Stock Lenght Shackles they will touch Icon Leaf Springs.
I am getting the ICON bump stop spacer kit and Camburg Extended Length shackles. I talked to Scott from Camburg directly, and he did say that they've never had a problem with the extended length shackles when combined with the ICONs.

Neogarage should be the one you are asking since they are the vendor who sold you them. If they are in the business to sell them then their advise should be trusted more than anyone else. What did they say?
I haven’t asked yet...figured I would post here to see what others have done. I will ask them at some point (or maybe they’ll see my post here and just answer). I'd like to see what the masses have done also, not only contact the vendor. I'm not sure why their advice should be trusted more than others, though.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting Camburg Extended Length shackles. I talked to Scott from Camburg directly, and he did say that they've never had a problem with the extended length shackles when combined with the ICONs.

I haven’t asked yet...figured I would post here to see what others have done. I will ask them at some point (or maybe they’ll see my post here and just answer). I'd like to see what the masses have done also, not only contact the vendor. I'm not sure why their advice should be trusted more than others, though.
As long as the arms of the shackles are longer then Camburg stock lenght ones they will work. Camburg Shackles have box design and thats where problem was. Icon Leafs have their pack going around the eyelid from the bottom not like Deavers or stock leafs from the middle and the leaf was hitting the box of the shackle just like on my pic. Funny part was that I also contacted Camburg before buying their Stock Lenght Shackles and they said ... wait for it ... they will work with Icon Leafs. Only after I send them pictures after installation they changed description on their website that Stock Length Do Not Work with Icons. In another words as you can see in my picture if the arms of your extended shackles will be longer so you will have more room between bottom of the leaf and the box of the shackle they will work but if not they will hit. Also if you getting Icon Bump Spacers get SDHQ new Bump Pads because like I said your factory Bump Pads will be gone ones stock block gets removed.

20200501_212357.jpg

Last edited:

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as Camburg Extended Shackles like I said the arm (i marked it on the pic) has to be longer then stock length ones in order not to hit the leaf. If arm is the same lenght as the stock length ones but only part from bushing to the top of the box where arms start is extended they will still hit.

Screenshot_20200516-215759_Gallery.jpg