Going into Surgey on Monday or Tuesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to begin this thread:
I have previously install RPG Off-Road Stage 3 rear suspension system; Installed around November 2013. As of last week I receive another pack of goodies from the friends at RPG Off-Road.
Here is a Pic.
a8adu8u9.jpg

So the list goes like this:
Upper Control Arms 1.5" Bearings
Lower Control Arms 1.5" Bearings
Power Steering Reservoir
Steering Tie Rods

And to add to this list (but not in the picture) I also have other pack of goodies from the friends at SDHQ Off-road also, and the list is the following:
Full Set of Doubler plates + extended LCA's Bolts and nuts.
Abs and Vacuum guards
Stainless Kevlar Braided Brake Lines
Power Steering Cooler

And a Pack from Amazon for Motul 5.1 Brake Fluid.

Now the big question is:
The RPG LCA's as you can see in the picture are the ones for dual front shocks. Can anyone guide me where to weld onto the frame the top plates for the added secondary front shocks? If you can provide pictures I will greatly appreciate any help.
I won't be running dual shocks as of right now but probably in the near future. As of now I will be running stock Fox Shocks and upgrading to the 3.0 front coil overs and rears also in the near future.
Budget wise what other brand of secondary shocks can anyone suggest using before getting the Fox 3.0 bypass?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd run the stock coilovers and simply add the secondary external bypass. There's no need for a 3.0 coilover, as you want the secondary bypass doing the lions share of the damping anyways.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd run the stock coilovers and simply add the secondary external bypass. There's no need for a 3.0 coilover, as you want the secondary bypass doing the lions share of the damping anyways.
Yes, I was also thinking about that. Still not sure what to do.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was also thinking about that. Still not sure what to do.

Saves money, and the 3.0 coilover (in a dual setup) will get revalved to have similar damping to the factory coilover anyways.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saves money, and the 3.0 coilover (in a dual setup) will get revalved to have similar damping to the factory coilover anyways.
wait what was that? So they do Kind of a Downgrade to the 3.0 coilovers when installing them in a Dual Setup? how is that? I thought that they just added the secondary shocks.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait what was that? So they do Kind of a Downgrade to the 3.0 coilovers when installing them in a Dual Setup? how is that? I thought that they just added the secondary shocks.

The 3.0 coilover is revalved for less damping, yes.
That's what I'm saying, using the stock coilover with a secondary external bypass is not a bad idea.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will probably try the secondary shocks option first before deciding on the 3.0 coilovers, I just need to figure out the price and time it will take for them to arrive, and depending on who I order them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk